Starting Stack Thread (7 Viewers)

.25/.50 NLHE

20150530_233439.jpg

Paulo, I was like, wtf, I didn't get an invite.............nevermind. Its WED.................DAMN WORK!!!!!!!

Paulo, I was like, wtf, I didn't get an invite.............nevermind. Its WED.................DAMN WORK!!!!!!!

You're always invited man... Every other Wednesday, but I know mid-week is kinda hard for you with the drive and all... I'll plan something for one of those Fri/Sats...

Last edited:
since when do you have PLO at your place?

I'm trying to get them guys used to PLO... I gotta start somewhere with them... We'll do PLO only from from 9:30 to 11:00, just to get their feet wet... Then back to Hold'em if they are not hooked already ;) Hold'em is still their game of choice but not for long if I can give 'em a little push!

I'm trying to get them guys used to PLO... I gotta start somewhere with them... We'll do PLO only from from 9:30 to 11:00, just to get their feet wet... Then back to Hold'em if they are not hooked already ;) Hold'em is still their game of choice but not for long if I can give 'em a little push!

r x r would even be better than just NLHE all night. Shame I didn't have plans tonight. I could have maybe played, gotten sick tomorrow or something :)

Getting initial buy-in stacks ready for 25¢/50¢ NHLE/PLO later on... Proteges are in the menu for tonight:

Man, some days I really wish I still lived in Michigan..... this is one of those days. :(

Man, some days I really wish I still lived in Michigan..... this is one of those days. :(

'Mi casa es su casa' Dave! I hope you can make it back here one of those days... I would LOVE to be able to host a true PCF/CT meet-up but my poker room can only fit two tables man... Regardless, you're always invited, any time you're around I'll try to get a game going for us...

*Btw, game ran from 7pm-1am... Chipped up pretty well in Hold'em, gave it all back and then some in PLO with loads of nuts vs. second nut hands then clawed my way back to even when we moved back to Hold'em... Net profit of $4 o_O after a swing of 3 buy-ins both sides...

'Mi casa es su casa' Dave! I hope you can make it back here one of those days... I would LOVE to be able to host a true PCF/CT meet-up but my poker room can only fit two tables man... Regardless, you're always invited, any time you're around I'll try to get a game going for us...

*Btw, game ran from 7pm-1am... Chipped up pretty well in Hold'em, gave it all back and then some in PLO with loads of nuts vs. second nut hands then clawed my way back to even when we moved back to Hold'em... Net profit of $4 o_O after a swing of 3 buy-ins both sides...

What did the guy's think of PLO

What did the guy's think of PLO

Although they haven't played it much, they knew PLO... They are very resistant in playing it though since they believe they have a better edge in NLHE... I was the one with the most PLO hours played by far and ended up donating a few buy-ins across the board, LOL!!! So yeah, they really enjoyed it since they felted me quite a few times ;) (boat over boat, set over set, royal vs nut flush, etc... :mad:)

Although they haven't played it much, they knew PLO... They are very resistant in playing it though since they believe they have a better edge in NLHE... I was the one with the most PLO hours played by far and ended up donating a few buy-ins across the board, LOL!!! So yeah, they really enjoyed it since they felted me quite a few times ;) (boat over boat, set over set, royal vs nut flush, etc... :mad:)

That's ok. You donate this one time to get them hooked.............well, you know the rest.

I still can't get over how sweet those quarters looked.

The moons aligned and I was finally able to get enough folks to play cards on an absolutely beautiful Jersey evening, so I set up our game outside on the back porch for a cigar night. 25¢/25¢ social game, had a really nice time. Brought out the PCRs:

Not a big money game, but I doubled up by the end of the evening :)

beautiful chips. What is the buy in for a .25/.25 game? I haven't smoked a cigar in over a decade. Sounds like a great evening.

$20 buy in - this game is definitely more of a social game, lots of BS and banter. Play is fairly conservative, we typically have maybe one or two rebuys in the 4 hours we play.

Hey! I recognize those! :D

Oh, how I miss those chips...

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D That's a GREAT set James!!! Honestly, one of the best feelings chips I've played with... Love'em... Thanks again man... As I said back them, you're always invited here so you can get your Protege fix, LOL!!!

Looks like I just need to find out when @ChaosRock is hosting a game with those and then find a way to be in the Michigan at the same time :D

I'll keep you posted for sure!! And I'll tell you what: If you can make it here one of those days, you can pick the set you want for the game (y) :thumbsup:(y) :thumbsup:(y) :thumbsup:(y) :thumbsup:

I down own them. I do get to play with them :)

You've been running pretty well at my games man... That keeps chip market prices up! LOL!!! You count your profits in terms of chip sets you can buy, hahahaha...

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D That's a GREAT set James!!! Honestly, one of the best feelings chips I've played with... Love'em... Thanks again man... As I said back them, you're always invited here so you can get your Protege fix, LOL!!!

I'll keep you posted for sure!! And I'll tell you what: If you can make it here one of those days, you can pick the set you want for the game (y) :thumbsup:(y) :thumbsup:(y) :thumbsup:(y) :thumbsup:

You've been running pretty well at my games man... That keeps chip market prices up! LOL!!! You count your profits in terms of chip sets you can buy, hahahaha...

It would be nice to run well at other places than just yours, lol. Running well might be an understatement. At the last game I was totally prepared for variance to kick me in the balls. Nope, lady luck was still on my side.

It would be nice to run well at other places than just yours, lol. Running well might be an understatement. At the last game I was totally prepared for variance to kick me in the balls. Nope, lady luck was still on my side.

Well, you DID quarter me on a $700 SOHE pot when you hit your two-outer on the river, LOL!!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom