Tourney Sub prize for tournament? (3 Viewers)

cathat12

Sitting Out
Reaction score
I hosted a 20 person tournament recently and had 5 high schoolers join (along with their dads). The high schoolers don't play much (especially for money), so they didn't last super long. For the next tourney, if there are a similar handful of high schoolers who join again, I was thinking of doing a sub-prize for the high schooler who lasts the longest, awarding say 10% of the prize pot for this winner. It seems pretty straightforward as I think about it, but are there any details that I should be thinking about?

Make them all pitch in a dollar or 5 (or whatever a nominal amount is in your tournament ) AMONGST THEMSELVES as a 'last longer' for the teens.
If they won't do that, then they are NOT THAT INTERESTED n the prize anyway. Do NOT give ANY of the prize pool away unless they EARN it! Poker is NOT a 'participation award' sport.

Make them all pitch in a dollar or 5 (or whatever a nominal amount is in your tournament ) AMONGST THEMSELVES as a 'last longer' for the teens.
If they won't do that, then they are NOT THAT INTERESTED n the prize anyway. Do NOT give ANY of the prize pool away unless they EARN it! Poker is NOT a 'participation award' sport.
^^ This is the way.... essentially a separate prize pool just for the teens, funded by the teens.

Offer a separate --and larger-- last-longer pool for the non-teens.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom