The Great Fresca Debate (3 Viewers)

2B2B9C27-C241-49C1-A519-88BE480F9199.jpeg

Fresca, greatest diet soda ever.
Growing up, my dad always had Bitter Lemon on hand as a mixer. Loved that soda too.

Didn’t LBJ have Fresca on tap installed in the Oval Office??
Historian Doris Kearns Goodwin wrote that Fresca was the favorite drink of U.S. President Lyndon B. Johnson, who had a button installed on the desk in the White House's Oval Office which would summon his military aide to bring the drink.

I feel for the guy who’s White House gig was Fresca duty.

Last edited:
Historian Doris Kearns Goodwin wrote that Fresca was the favorite drink of U.S. President Lyndon B. Johnson, who had a button installed on the desk in the White House's Oval Office which would summon his military aide to bring the drink.
#oldschool

Fresca is grapefruit flavored sparkling water. Yuck!
When I googled fresca I saw this.

1657668676516.png

assumed there was multiple flavours like

1657668734292.png

But my personal favourites are San Pellegrino. Pompelmo (Graperfruit) is a flavour i enjoy

1657668865507.png

Sounds like i might actually like Fresca except im not really a fan of diet sodas and the whole fake sugar business

When I googled fresca I saw this.

View attachment 948409

assumed there was multiple flavours like

View attachment 948410

But my personal favourites are San Pellegrino. Pompelmo (Graperfruit) is a flavour i enjoy

View attachment 948412

Sounds like i might actually like Fresca except im not really a fan of diet sodas and the whole fake sugar business
I’ve never seen those Fresca flavors. I don’t know if they even make them anymore. I think they’ve tried to recreate the product a couple of times, but rest assured, it is a diet soda

I think the flavors in Fresca are better at disguising the normal aftertaste that diet sodas produce.
It could also be that since there is no regular-sugar version to compare it with, it stands alone.

A perfect dinner to pair with Fresca was made. But the fridge was empty. Upset, I nabbed a bubly.

But then! Out of the corner of my eye! A whole case wasn’t put away, thank the gods!

I don’t make this stuff up. My life really is just that exciting.

image.jpg

I always thought Fresca was the same as Squirt. Had no idea it was a "Soda Water" and that it was Zero calorie. I guess they were way before their time because now it's almost all flavored Soda water filling up the shelves at the grocery store.

Last edited:
I always thought Fresca was the same as Squirt. Had no idea it was a "Soda Water" and that it was Zero calorie. I guess they were way before thier time because now it's almost all flavored Soda water filling up the shelves at the grocery store.
Squirt as a back for Tequilla will beat a lime every day. It's so good....

I think the flavors in Fresca are better at disguising the normal aftertaste that diet sodas produce.
It could also be that since there is no regular-sugar version to compare it with, it stands alone.

agree with this. fresca is most certainly a diet soda, but it really doesn't taste like one at all. it was fairly recently they rebranded it as a "soda water". and they were so successful, i thought for a good long while that my grocery store just never had regular fresca in stock. a couple months ago, i decided to try the fresca sparkling water, and felt like an idiot when i finally realized it is just fresca. i've been back on the kick ever since. this is the previous can:

1657824351743.png

agree with this. fresca is most certainly a diet soda, but it really doesn't taste like one at all. it was fairly recently they rebranded it as a "soda water". and they were so successful, i thought for a good long while that my grocery store just never had regular fresca in stock. a couple months ago, i decided to try the fresca sparkling water, and felt like an idiot when i finally realized it is just fresca. i've been back on the kick ever since. this is the previous can:

View attachment 949391
i didnt realize they did this. still fake-sweetened tho?
i noticed the other day my bartender making my Paloma with Freca and it was a very well made one indeed. hadn't had fresca in years, but might go back. Except for the fact that im a Spindrift Junkie now

Correct.

View attachment 948373

INGREDIENTS​

CARBONATED WATER, CITRIC ACID, CONCENTRATED GRAPEFRUIT JUICE, POTASSIUM CITRATE, ASPARTAME, POTASSIUM SORBATE (TO PROTECT TASTE), ACACIA GUM, ACESULFAME POTASSIUM, NATURAL FLAVORS, GLYCEROL ESTER OF ROSIN, POTASSIUM BENZOATE AND CALCIUM DISODIUM EDTA (TO PROTECT TASTE), CAROB BEAN GUM.
all those non-natural, hard to pronounce ingredients is why i stopped drinking it. kinda scary

Squirt as a back for Tequilla will beat a lime every day. It's so good....
Squirt is a great mixer and chaser all in one. This old 88 yr dude we rented a house from for our Yooper Deer camp used to swear by SoCo and Squirt. After about 5 years of renting we became great friends and he started joining us at deer camp. I can still remember old Ed walking around the house picking up after us with his SoCo and Squirt in hand and him yelling "awww fuck" in his yooper accent.

I was in the store a while back when they had repackaged it as soda water and thought, “No! They changed Fresca?!?!?”
I realize they wanted to compete with the sweetened mineral water choices…but at least to me it was nothing but confusing.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom