THE HOT SAUCE THREAD (2 Viewers)

450165F7-E92D-4D9B-8F52-9C6F8BC00B9F.jpeg

I bought the variety pack from Melinda’s and added a couple others. Tried the yellow bird last night and thought it was good.

The Scotch bonnet curry is close to the top of my readily-available-off-the-shelf hot sauce list. Their avocado Serrano is also very good. The Polynesian …not so much imo
Have to try the avocado Serrano but agreed on the Polynesian

Man sues Texas Pete because the hot sauce is made in North Carolina​

Posted October 11, 2022 10:05 a.m. EDT

WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. — USA Today reports a man is suing Texas Pete because the product is actually made in North Carolina.

According to the lawsuit, Philip White is suing T.W. Garner Food Co,, which makes Texas Pete hot sauce in Winston-Salem.

White, a California resident, alleges false advertising and mislabeling, according to the lawsuit, which states the company labeled the product with Texas since the state "is known for its quality cuisine, spicy food, and hot sauce in particular."

The lawsuit states the issue is with all Texas Pete hot sauce products, including Texas Pete Original Hot Sauce, Texas Pete Hotter Hot Sauce and Texas Pete Roasted Garlic Hot Sauce.

The lawsuit alleges the "defendant’s labeling and advertising campaign is overloaded with references to Texas" and states the "defendant uses ingredients that are not sourced from Texas to manufacture the products."

USA Today reports White, a California resident, said he wouldn't have paid as much for the hot sauce if he knew its origin.

The story behind Texas Pete's name is not a secret -- it posted for the public to see on the company's website. The founder, Sam Garner, named the sauce Texas Pete partly because of his son's nickname and because of the spicy cuisine Texas is known for.

The lawsuit is pushing for Texas Pete to pay for damages and change its name and branding.

Last edited:

WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. — USA Today reports a man is suing Texas Pete because the product is actually made in North Carolina.

According to the lawsuit, Philip White is suing T.W. Garner Food Co,, which makes Texas Pete hot sauce in Winston-Salem.

White, a California resident, alleges false advertising and mislabeling, according to the lawsuit, which states the company labeled the product with Texas since the state "is known for its quality cuisine, spicy food, and hot sauce in particular."

The lawsuit states the issue is with all Texas Pete hot sauce products, including Texas Pete Original Hot Sauce, Texas Pete Hotter Hot Sauce and Texas Pete Roasted Garlic Hot Sauce.

The lawsuit alleges the "defendant’s labeling and advertising campaign is overloaded with references to Texas" and states the "defendant uses ingredients that are not sourced from Texas to manufacture the products."

USA Today reports White, a California resident, said he wouldn't have paid as much for the hot sauce if he knew its origin.

The story behind Texas Pete's name is not a secret -- it posted for the public to see on the company's website. The founder, Sam Garner, named the sauce Texas Pete partly because of his son's nickname and because of the spicy cuisine Texas is known for.

The lawsuit is pushing for Texas Pete to pay for damages and change its name and branding.
U.S.A., U.S.A.! :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

I will be filing my lawsuit against Kraft Foods post-haste.

1665502961511.jpeg

This is an example of why we need loser pays to stop frivolous contingent law suits.

This is an example of why we need loser pays to stop frivolous contingent law suits.
Right on. Texas Pete costs $2.38 at Walmart and he wouldn't have paid that much if he would have known. Suing for damages. What damages exactly? LOL.

By the way, how was the taste? I foolishly didn't keep a bottle for myself!
I have a hard time with commercial products when it comes to HS, we talked about it. The flavor is typically just off after you have such fresh stuff.

The flavor is great, I like the Pineapple Scorpion better, but as I try to explain to others, I use HS like ketchup.

The heat is about a 5 or 6 to me, and it has an overall good flavor, if you get some on your lips you'll feel it for a few minutes, goes great with Pepsi. I'm low on the Pineapple Scorpion so I reserve it for my bfast burritos mostly on the weekends.

My daughter loves the purple lightning, the wife doesn't touch the stuff, so I don't have to share =)

my buddy brought some homemade sauces to our cornhole league last week. there was one in particular i loved, and therefore i ate a lot of it. spicy food (also vanilla ice cream) gives me weird vivid dreams, so i let him know that sauce put them really over the top that night. so he made me my own bottle:

image000000003.jpg

Last edited:
I have a hard time with commercial products when it comes to HS, we talked about it. The flavor is typically just off after you have such fresh stuff.

The flavor is great, I like the Pineapple Scorpion better, but as I try to explain to others, I use HS like ketchup.

The heat is about a 5 or 6 to me, and it has an overall good flavor, if you get some on your lips you'll feel it for a few minutes, goes great with Pepsi. I'm low on the Pineapple Scorpion so I reserve it for my bfast burritos mostly on the weekends.

My daughter loves the purple lightning, the wife doesn't touch the stuff, so I don't have to share =)

Thanks bud. I intentionally made this one milder (and sweeter) as it was for mass consumption so stuck with habaneros and lots more fruit than usual. For the addict it's probably not that hot. We'll see if I can get some decent super hot peppers this year to make some sweat inducing small batches.

& I have been considering this for a couple weeks as I watch the supply go down
someone told me it is painful and I should watch the challenge posts (is it just morons in over their mouths?)
one chip and selling for $9 ? WTF? give me a big bag!

their ghost pepper potato chips were awesome (not around here anymore for a couple years)
I have not searched but would order those online if still out there

new sauce:
I just used this into my Chinese dinner and sooo good:
Edit: next day cramps not good
1665704048490.png

Attachments

• 1665704318079.png
    1665704318079.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 48
Last edited:
1665705856798.png

what is that thing on her head for?

fav quotes:
"I thought, why not just do two at the same time..."
"who the hell is in my mouth?"
"you put it in your mouth and eat it, and see how long you can go"
"holy fuck, oh yeah! omg omg omg....it hurts..."
"i am pretty sure my butt hole is destroyed tomorrow"

1665706979397.png

wtf is that? a mouth diaphragm? she ate it with no explanation :wow:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Attachments

• 1665705835448.png
    1665705835448.png
    491.7 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
Since @Darson doesn’t sell his awesome hot sauce, I supported my small business vendor and picked up these from my local farmer’s market. Straight from Maysville, KY. Can’t wait to try them.

View attachment 1033540
You just need to attend a meet up with @Darson in attendance. ;) His sauces are pretty amazing and his homemade vegetarian chili is the best I’ve ever had.

I just ate some chicken wings with a few drops of Da Bomb Beyond Insanity on each wing. I’m never making that mistake again.

DFEF94D8-2960-4181-B769-39836A01E7DB.png

I just ate some chicken wings with a few drops of Da Bomb Beyond Insanity on each wing. I’m never making that mistake again.

View attachment 1042971
If you see a sauce that has “extract” in the ingredients, don’t bother. It’s gonna be unnaturally hot and likely a gimmick and not a flavorful sauce.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom