The Lowly $10 Chip (1 Viewer)

Mac128k

Flush
Reaction score
I remember back in the day that $10 chips were something only used in Europe. Virtually every sale of those chips back on CT headed that way.

Lately I've come to appreciate the $10 a lot more as my games have become almost exclusively limit games.
In my 1/2 or 2/4 games it seems $25s are too high for the buy-in (usually less than $100), $5s are too low and all $1s gets a little messy. I think $20s are good but still too few of them in play to seem worth it. I'm building a set with $1s and $10s to see how it goes but I think I'll like it.

Viva la $10s!

IMG_3263.JPG

I think whatever people do in their own cash games is their own business, as long as it works for them. I can see any denominated chip that represents standard currency would do fine. If it means $1, $5, $10, $20, $50, and $100 chips on the table, then so be it.

I think whatever people do in their own cash games is their own business, as long as it works for them. I can see any denominated chip that represents standard currency would do fine. If it means $1, $5, $10, $20, $50, and $100 chips on the table, then so be it.
A $50 is crazy talk! ;)

The coolest game I remember was the 10/10 NL game at Parx in Philly. The only chips used were $10 peach color, and of course hundreds and larger. That was a sight seeing all those glowing stacks on the table, but let's just say that wasn't the right game for me. I couldn't find a picture of the table, but found a nice chip stack.

I tried to use the $10 with my Vineyard set but it was too expensive to acquire in quantity. It is a beautiful chip.
B4F11602-6E86-4C67-80C7-C5DA29C64640.jpeg

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom