Chip Values (2 Viewers)

Gosh I hope it wasn’t me. That would be devastating, to learn that some of the most virtuous and highly regarded PCF members might have me blocked. I would fret and cry for days if I felt like that was happening. I’m always trying to be with the”it” crowd, and I’m always in awe of your ability to be in the “cool kids club”.
You people have never met me. Yet you think it’s ok for you and others to read stuff into my posts that doesn’t exist. You can ask me if you think I’m out of line, you don’t have to go full nuclear and start making assumptions and posting on them with no info.

People tell you when you’re out of line- do you think you could extend that courtesy to others? And not by calling someone opportunistic and a flipper because they ask for a starting spot in negotiations - no matter what tone you or others imagine.
Every one of those posts by you and others was either an insult or derogatory or demeaning the chips I was offering. You think that’s constructive? You think that’s what newbs want to see in their wanted ads?

I know you will have a lot of “buts” and “well, what abouts” but that doesn’t excuse you or the others actions here.

Just start an Ekricket bash thread and don’t clutter up others who are actual trying to build sets or those that are trying to help them.
Please take a step back and reread your posts from the WTB thread and this one. Your tone is extremely disagreeable, and that’s why so many have piled onto you.

From what I gather, you’ve been to many meetups and have many friends on PCF. None of them, nor a single other person, has posted in your defense. This silence should tell you all you need to know.

Like @NotRealNameNoSir just said, this isn’t a huge deal, let it go. No one bats 1000 and you made a mistake. Everyone, including @upNdown , is trying to move on, and you should too. No need to hold onto this anger.

Please take a step back and reread your posts from the WTB thread and this one. Your tone is extremely disagreeable, and that’s why so many have piled onto you.

From what I gather, you’ve been to many meetups and have many friends on PCF. None of them, nor a single other person, has posted in your defense. This silence should tell you all you need to know.

Like @NotRealNameNoSir just said, this isn’t a huge deal, let it go. No one bats 1000 and you made a mistake. Everyone, including @upNdown , is trying to move on, and you should too. No need to hold onto this anger.

Ahh new pile on. I didn’t make any mistake. I was interacting with a member on a chip sale and a lot of people - you included, have decided to jump in and clutter it up with a bunch of “your tone” and “your dirty nasty chips”.

If you would just mind your own business this might die. But you can’t can you? Even though you have no stake in this and your opinion doesn’t really matter you just have to chime in.

If everyone would have just minded their own business neither of these threads would be like this. But evidently my “tone” is a highly regarded subject, and even though the two involved individuals - me and the OP poster have no issues nor did we have issues, people like you just have to insert themselves into this I guess “because we should listen to you.”

This is none of your business. None. You have no involvement with me or the seeker of chips - yet you feel compelled to pile on “me too, me too”

Yes my tone is disagreeable now. Read what people read into a simple comment and their over the top reactions and then tell me who should reread what.

Ahh new pile on. I didn’t make any mistake. I was interacting with a member on a chip sale and a lot of people - you included, have decided to jump in and clutter it up with a bunch of “your tone” and “your dirty nasty chips”.

If you would just mind your own business this might die. But you can’t can you? Even though you have no stake in this and your opinion doesn’t really matter you just have to chime in.

If everyone would have just minded their own business neither of these threads would be like this. But evidently my “tone” is a highly regarded subject, and even though the two involved individuals - me and the OP poster have no issues nor did we have issues, people like you just have to insert themselves into this I guess “because we should listen to you.”

This is none of your business. None. You have no involvement with me or the seeker of chips - yet you feel compelled to pile on “me too, me too”

Yes my tone is disagreeable now. Read what people read into a simple comment and their over the top reactions and then tell me who should reread what.
I’m sorry, you’re right

@Broski as others have said, there are no shortcuts. Dive deep into the hobby. Read a lot of threads. Look at eBay past sales, not unsold current listings. Look at Spinetti prices, look at other prices on the web. Get a Worthpoint subscription if you want to go that deep. You will start to get a good feel for what sells for what, but it takes a little time and some effort.

Even with all of that, prices are going to depend on who is looking for what and at what time and how much they’re willing to spend.

The very nature of supply and demand pricing, which is what you’re dealing with, is that it’s always changing and can change rapidly.

You can narrow it down too, you don’t have to be an expert on every chip. If there’s a chip or set you like, search for them with the search function. See what past sales were. See who owns them. Talk to those folks and see what they value them at.

Last edited:
If you know the specific chips you're looking for, first step is always to search the forum and see if they're listed with a sold price in classifieds or auctions. Sometimes you'll also find a wanted thread marked found, in that case I PM the buyer and ask respectfully if they'd tell me how much they paid. You can also post a general thread asking the approximate value of a given chip, but it's all guesswork outside of actual sales (and even then, sale prices aren't set in stone). When sales happen can matter a lot too, a sale from 2018 is probably much lower price than today, but something from 2022 may have been overvalued.

Personally speaking i keep any price negotiations in DMs, least likely to ruffle any feathers that way. Publicly negotiating prices can get messy, some people will accuse one person of being a cheapskate, another as being a price gouger, etc. etc.

Also remember patience is a virtue, as both a buyer and seller. You'll generally get better prices buying and selling if you aren't trying to hop on the first opportunity. The exception to this would be chips that are high in demand and supply, if listings are common and selling quickly at a consistent price it's doubtful you'll succeed with a higher price sale or a lower price offer.

I agree to keep price negotiations to DMs but also be very mindful that there are plenty of members here that will happily take advantage of your lack of knowledge to make a buck. Find your confidants to bounce off your questions, research, and you'll be just fine.

Checked the thread...found half of it was responses to ekricket...backed away slowly.

I checked your post….as usual found nothing that adds to anything……crafted this response - because what did you expect me to do? Fuckung idiot.

So, you think you can come in here and throw insults around and that makes things better? Your a real addition to the fold for sure, fit right in. Hope it makes you feel better, and a big man with your friend.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom