The Mirage Closing (1 Viewer)

So I guess Con Air (1997) predicted this…….. :cool:oops:

AC128156-D371-49E3-8537-FF774EE3B02F.jpeg

I loved Carnegie there. Won my first poker tournament ever there in 2008. $60 entry, 64 people, was stuck $1500 for trip and had just started playing poker.

Got drunk before the tourney (9a) and bought a stack of $1 chips and told the waitress to bring my crown and gingers and take a dollar off the stack.

20 drinks later I am shatteringly intoxicated and end up HU with the big stack. He makes a chopping hand gesture and says something I can’t understand. I don’t know what he’s talking about so I just ignore him.

Look down at A6 and he has a 4-1 chip advantage. We get it all in on A55 flop and he has AK. I spike the 6 on the river.

Now he has a 3-2 advantage. I look down at QQ and we get it in pre. He has Ax and I hold.

Last hand I look down at A4 and open jam. He calls with TT. I flop an ace.

Won $1600ish. Tipped the dealer $400 because alcohol. They made an announcement that I had won, had a little rail there with some friends celebrating, it was great.

Went to the bathroom, threw up, called my wife and drunkenly yelled “we did it honey”. She told me the next day that I provided no context whatsoever, just kept repeatedly yelling “we did it”. So the call the next day was interesting.

I’ll miss the Mirage. Great place all around.
This is 100% the most bergsian story I have ever read on this site.

Stayed at the Venetian in December, with a nightly view of the Mirage volcano. Kids loved it. We heard even back then that it was sold to the Hard Rock.

I grabbed a turkey club there when playing 1/2 PLO. Great night for me running $150 up to $640. And it was a fun table. Had a few Brits and a couple Scandinavians laughing it up and telling stories.

The fact that @bergs remembers the hands at the end is a little sus.
First tourney win, never forgetting those hands. I was drunk, I didn’t black out.

(I did have to look up the flops from somewhere else I relayed this but I did remember clearly I had A4, QQ, A6).

He was trying to get me to chop before we started the final table (figured this out afterwards when the HDK told me who was railing). I didn’t know what the hell a chop was so it didn’t matter.

The look on his face when I sucked out with A6 was amazing. Like he went to eat a pie and it was stuffed with actual shit. I also remember the A4 because the CLB made me this plaque thing when I got him and immortalized the A4.

I also clearly remember taking out my boy SillyC (some of the NE locals know him) with AA vs KK midway through final table. Hated doing him like that but I was running pure like grain alcohol (pun intended).

Attachments

• 5A009840-0929-4ACA-802C-998B2C7B3649.png
    5A009840-0929-4ACA-802C-998B2C7B3649.png
    595.6 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:
Any word if the new Vegas Hard Rock will have a poker room?

They're next too Caesars and across the street from Venetian, so I'm doubtful. I haven't read anything one way or another though.

ouch, so sad to find this out... even sadder I still have bunch of mirage chips in hand...
Depending on what you've got, I'm sure PCF would be more than willing to help you out with them...

got any $3s....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom