The Nakatomi Plaza's | CPC CSQ | Cash & Tournament (2 Viewers)

Just a phenomenal job Matt!

View attachment 1338835

Sir, this is a Die Hard thread.

Die Hard GIF

Matt my sample set arrived today and they're even more amazing in person! Very proud of and happy for you on the result!

IMG_20240608_110342080.jpg

It's looking like I'm going to have to evict some of my heavy hitters and sentimental favorites to make room for the set in my modest little display case.

IMG_20240608_111912241.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20240608_110342080.jpg
    IMG_20240608_110342080.jpg
    171.2 KB · Views: 18
Matt my sample set arrived today and they're even more amazing in person! Very proud of and happy for you on the result!

View attachment 1341228

It's looking like I'm going to have to evict some of my heavy hitters and sentimental favorites to make room for the set in my modest little display case.

View attachment 1341227
Thanks Charlie! Man they got there quick!
Some very nice samples in your collection there :cool

happy die hard GIF by Sky

Proudly introducing the latest iteration of the Nakatomi Plaza collection.

Cards Mold reveal thread can be found here
THC reveal thread can be found here

What started as a pipe dream a little over 12 months ago for a small cash set - has predictably escalated into a future proofed cash set and small tournament set. I've had plenty of help along way putting this together, folks on PCF are very generous with their time and input. I'm sure they found it torturous at times but a special thanks to @Thisfiendis138 , @JP1984 and @jr8719 for suffering me along the journey and helping with iterations. I'm over the moon with how everything came out, and they are exactly how I pictured them based on the many hours in the design tool, and attempting to make some realistic mockups via photoshop using colour samples.

The cash set uses Cali colours (what else could it possibly be, given the subject matter and movie location). I tried to incorporate some spot progression with the cash set, but also ensure that some of my favourite spot patterns were used on the workhorse chips (3D14 $1 and 3TA316 $5 in this case).
With this being unquestionably one of the best Christmas movies of all time, I decided to add a Special Edition $1 chip. I based it on the Christmas Party held by the Nakatomi Corp, and opted for a scallop shaped inlay as it reminded me of a snowflake. This inlay uses a custom design including the Nakatomi logo for consistency, but has a festive vibe.

The tournament set was a last minute addition using solids throughout, T100 base. The pastel colours are unconventional but that doesn't bother me at all. I may look to add a 25k barrel in the future too. These chips feature a 2 sided inlay - side A using the Nakatomi Plaza texts, side B using 'Welcome to the Party, Pal!'.

A very very last minute addition was some accessory chips. Similar to my previous set the Bounty chip inlay uses a teddy bear as a little nod back to the movie. The ShowEm chip inlay shows a police badge and John's badge number, while going for an NYPD colour scheme for the chip itself.

Of course a special thanks to @David Spragg for allowing us the opportunity to put these custom creations together. He was excellent to deal with and without question holds the quickest response time of any vendor I've dealt with.

Now onto the good stuff!

View attachment 1336449 like
View attachment 1336453
View attachment 1336457

Tournament chips
View attachment 1336456

Baby cash set (using the T5000 solids are nickels)
View attachment 1336455

Full cash set
View attachment 1336446
View attachment 1336447
View attachment 1336448

Original proofs are added here, along with one of the photo renders I put together:
View attachment 1336481View attachment 1336482View attachment 1336483
Really nice, mate - particularly like the whites...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom