The Official Formula 1 ( F1 ) discussion thread (2 Viewers)

1720377888843.jpeg

I’ll be buying some new merch next year. Hope they get rid of those awful black shoulder pads though.

Maybe the best qualifying lap ever - the pole position of Schumacher in 1996 at Monaco with a wonky Ferrari with over half a second over the invicible Williams Renault and superior Benetton Renault.

Divebomber Maxipad Crashstappen does it again. Even his own engineer had it w him.
My favorite part was when he was whining after the start "I guess you can just push people off the track now!" No you weren't pushed off the track & yes apparently you're the only one allowed to do that lol

Hey maybe Vegas this year will be worth spectating. Also since I have all the free time in the world now.

My favorite part was when he was whining after the start "I guess you can just push people off the track now!" No you weren't pushed off the track & yes apparently you're the only one allowed to do that lol
I see Max behaving very much like Seb Vettel did at the same point in his career at the same (very dominant) team at a very similar place. If he's not in the lead, and in the lead by a big margin, he lets it get to his mentality and how he drives the car. He becomes very aggressive and when things start backfiring on him, either crumples under the pressure or starts blaming others.

Things are going to be a bit awkward at McLaren, at least for a little while. Lando clearly had the pace in the last stint. He should have won it in the clear, but just had another sub-stellar start. What is that, four? Five? One can't continue to get swamped at the start every time. I'd love to be a fly on the wall in the forthcoming meetings before summer break.

That said, that's seven points sacrificed to give Oscar the win. It's all good for the team, but we shall see if those become critical to him near and at the end of the season.

Good on Lewis managing the end of the race, surviving the battle with Max, and coming out of it with career podium number 200!

I don't get why not letting Norris win was worse for the team. Team points would have been that same and Norris would be that much closer to catching Max. Those few extra point might be huge later in the season. And yeah, Norris winning the championship will be epic

I see Max behaving very much like Seb Vettel did at the same point in his career at the same (very dominant) team at a very similar place. If he's not in the lead, and in the lead by a big margin, he lets it get to his mentality and how he drives the car. He becomes very aggressive and when things start backfiring on him, either crumples under the pressure or starts blaming others.

Things are going to be a bit awkward at McLaren, at least for a little while. Lando clearly had the pace in the last stint. He should have won it in the clear, but just had another sub-stellar start. What is that, four? Five? One can't continue to get swamped at the start every time. I'd love to be a fly on the wall in the forthcoming meetings before summer break.

That said, that's seven points sacrificed to give Oscar the win. It's all good for the team, but we shall see if those become critical to him near and at the end of the season.

Good on Lewis managing the end of the race, surviving the battle with Max, and coming out of it with career podium number 200!
Kinda crazy that someone as accomplished as Max Verstappen is up late the night before playing video games essentially. (I'm just jealous I don't own 3 screen sim anymore lol)

Kinda crazy that someone as accomplished as Max Verstappen is up late the night before playing video games essentially. (I'm just jealous I don't own 3 screen sim anymore lol)
I think that's part of his arrogance (for lack of a better word). He's been unstoppable on an unstoppable team for the last two years. He's had the luxury of being able to do that, up until now. Maybe he's too stubborn to realize things are changing and he can't keep up with the same old tricks.

Last edited:

I don't get why not letting Norris win was worse for the team. Team points would have been that same and Norris would be that much closer to catching Max. Those few extra point might be huge later in the season. And yeah, Norris winning the championship will be epic
Intention was to prevent Hamilton from undercutting but the result was undercutting Piastri. Clearly total team points are the same but perhaps McLaren did not want Piastri to feel slighted.

Lando should have given the position back way earlier, then catch up and race fairly instead of waiting to give it back with only three laps left. I doubt McLaren would have asked them not to race.

Team orders are bullshit.

1721671064059.gif

Imagine if an NBA team told their star player to miss the game 6 series winning shot so there can be a game 7 at home.

Meanwhile Ocon’s team orders are: “don’t crash into your own teammate… again”

I rolled dice to which thread I would post this in. Even=Tequila & Odd=F1
20240726_143355.jpg

Normally I'm anti fake limited edition packaging but I'll look the other way this time!
20240726_142853.jpg
20240726_142913.jpg

20240726_142904.jpg

I guess Sergio Perez helped with the design. Even though he's on my least favorite tram of all time it's still pretty cool.
20240726_142946.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom