The Official Mail Showcase Thread (poker related) (96 Viewers)

Dust removed from a wipe with a damp cloth! Can I start oiling????

PXL_20220430_011526815.jpg

I’m curious if anyone knows how many of these white Samurais were produced? I can’t recall seeing them before.
View attachment 903922

Strange that the texture has a different orientation in the center as compared to the edge of the chip. I wonder if this was pressed twice, or if the mold cup has an insert for the center part… :unsure:

Sweet mail day here!!
High hand cards from @Eloe2000 , thanks dude they look great!
Screenshot 2022-04-30 at 15.39.06.png

Also high praise for @TheOffalo . For not only his tuckbox prowess, but also his patience while we worked out the details of our trade o_O After striking out for ideas on tuckbox artwork for the Nakatomi Plaza set, Peter suggested the cigarette box Bruce loots from one of the dead bad guys - rather obscure, but I really like it. We hit Google for examples, and I set about recreating it. Here's poor picture I found on Google
Screenshot 2022-04-30 at 15.41.22.png

And here's our recreations. Blue for poker, green for bridge.
Screenshot 2022-04-30 at 15.39.02.png

Screenshot 2022-04-30 at 15.38.49.png

The tuckboxes also travelled with some awesome gifts - The Drunk Panda samples (so good!), also very much digging the Bally's $1, which compliments my retro spotted bird. Thanks again Peter, super happy!
Screenshot 2022-04-30 at 15.38.42.png

Last edited:
Don’t post enough in this thread and say thanks to all who helped me when a
package arrives. Booyah to those who have helped! ✊✊✊

Picked these up and I’m thinking it works well for my frac solid customs…pink starbursts Booyah!

Attachments

• 2ACAD089-AC1B-45C1-BA91-D3A5BE222328.jpeg
    2ACAD089-AC1B-45C1-BA91-D3A5BE222328.jpeg
    224.3 KB · Views: 90
Had a busy mailbox this week!
:spades: New XL button
:spades: New Modiano decks (personal favs!)
:spades: New Hand Ranking and High Hand cards from @Eloe2000 - these are awesome, thank you!
:spades: An “Unbeatable Poker Hand”coin/card guard to give away as a high hand prize for tonight’s cash game
:spades: And three live Bally’s LV chips I picked up off eBay for collecting, posterity in the wake of the forthcoming rebrand, and reference for a possible custom CPC tribute set. :cool (Still on the lookout for one of their green/yellow/white $25s if anyone can help!)
23AB63F2-3125-4B7A-B764-45B304D88418.jpeg

Last edited:
Had a busy mailbox this week!
:spades: New XL button
:spades: New Modiano decks (personal favs!)
:spades: New Hand Ranking and High Hand cards from @Eloe2000 - these are awesome, thank you!
:spades: An “Unbeatable Poker Hand”coin/card guard to give away as a high hand prize for tonight’s cash game
:spades: And three live Bally’s LV chips I picked up off eBay for collecting, posterity in the wake of the forthcoming rebrand, and reference for a possible custom CPC tribute set. :cool (Still on the lookout for one of their green/yellow/white $25s if anyone can help!)
View attachment 904176
Oooh, I'm ready for some fresh cards! Nice pick up!

I’m curious if anyone knows how many of these white Samurais were produced? I can’t recall seeing them before.
View attachment 903922
I looked through my old emails, as I remembered discussing these chips with Michael at HPC. If you're not familiar with Michael, he was the man behind Holdem Poker Chips and brought many outstanding BCC sets to the community. At any rate, I had a phone conversation with him on 5 August 2014 about these and some similar chips he was selling with an ankh stamp. He only had a handful left at the time, and he said that he had them made pretty much just for fun. Although he sold them on the HPC website, I did not get the impression that very many were made. It's unlikely that we'll find out exactly how many were made unless whoever did the hot stamping has records. However, it's likely that there aren't a ton of them out there. It's entirely possible that he made as little as one rack of these chips, although that is pure conjecture. I hope you enjoy them! Even though I got this chip in the mail ~7.5 years ago, here are some photos in keeping with the showcase theme:

IMG_5241.JPG

IMG_5242.JPG

Strange that the texture has a different orientation in the center as compared to the edge of the chip. I wonder if this was pressed twice, or if the mold cup has an insert for the center part… :unsure:
I had never noticed that before, but I checked a few of my T-mold chips and they're all like that. I assume the mold was just made that way for whatever reason.

I looked through my old emails, as I remembered discussing these chips with Michael at HPC. If you're not familiar with Michael, he was the man behind Holdem Poker Chips and brought many outstanding BCC sets to the community. At any rate, I had a phone conversation with him on 5 August 2014 about these and some similar chips he was selling with an ankh stamp. He only had a handful left at the time, and he said that he had them made pretty much just for fun. Although he sold them on the HPC website, I did not get the impression that very many were made. It's unlikely that we'll find out exactly how many were made unless whoever did the hot stamping has records. However, it's likely that there aren't a ton of them out there. It's entirely possible that he made as little as one rack of these chips, although that is pure conjecture. I hope you enjoy them! Even though I got this chip in the mail ~7.5 years ago, here are some photos in keeping with the showcase theme:

View attachment 904504

View attachment 904505

I had never noticed that before, but I checked a few of my T-mold chips and they're all like that. I assume the mold was just made that way for whatever reason.
Great info, thanks for sharing. They’re definitely unique. Would be awesome to find out how many are floating around.

View attachment 904504

View attachment 904505

So I was wrong about how few there are, as @mipevi had already posted about (thanks for the info!):

https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/samurai-palace-pr0n.70793/post-1830811

Perhaps it was just the ankh chips that were done as a sort of one-off:

IMG_5243.JPG

IMG_5244.JPG

Pretty far and few between, these mail days are for me…

Thanks to @horseshoez for being an amazing friend! Also thanks for throwing in the cool “Triple Barrel” cut cards.

Also thanks to @Solid Snake
@RowlettTexasChipGuy @jag217 for the Le Cove $1
319F3391-FFDF-4A3A-A396-F1DA6315E260.jpeg
4C9AF102-A7AE-440F-B826-0251248F4FEF.jpeg
4E95F9D9-6C10-4716-8DCB-82DED9DD2C5B.jpeg
C38A1E8A-548E-4C02-86DB-8AFBC50DD3B4.jpeg

Also these BCC Coconut Beach samples…sorry for the bad pic…nice chips in person
B49D0C3B-EE93-4E34-9F4D-234C46E98A63.jpeg

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom