To Oil or not to Oil ? I am torn (5 Viewers)

BigSlick4523

4 of a Kind
Reaction score
I am torn between Oiling these Jack Cinci Black Label T100s I am prob turning them into $0.50 Fracs with Overlabels

would love to hear thoughts on these ?

90 of them are not Oiled the other 10 are Oiled

1722285767021.jpeg

1722285790973.jpeg

1722285864273.jpeg

1722285800443.jpeg

Oiled Chip on the Left

1722285880525.jpeg

1722286005352.jpeg

Attachments

• 1722285777778.jpeg
    1722285777778.jpeg
    149 KB · Views: 24
  • 1722285828984.jpeg
    1722285828984.jpeg
    122.6 KB · Views: 25
The decision looks pretty obvious...

might have to go a whole other route after oiling the grape chips almost look brown but it does go decent with the Labels I got so there is that

just hate how long it takes to oil these I need to read up on how to oil quicker chip by chip is rough

It’s all scripted

Check the script?
If you only really knew how bad it really is it would prob ruin most people's lives so its prob a good thing nobody believes in it but that's neither here nor there

I gave people gold for months and nobody understood so that's over with

if you only knew how easy to was to tell how the Mavs and Celtics would be in the finals and who was going to win LOL Easy Money

Assuming the labels will hold up, I would take the time to oil them. Looks way better, IMO. I also found that my chips were easier to shuffle after I oiled them.
yeah I have no idea if the labels would stick long term after being oiled before I slap them on

Just oil the sides imo. It has a more visible impact, it doesn't risk damaging labels, it takes substantially less time, and through shuffling/play the chips will pick up oil from peoples hands.

Oil them
But not too much lol I’ve made that mistake and they act like suction cups!
I have never oiled besides very recently

I take 10 chips then put some oil on the edges and use a qtip to spread it in so its not alot of oil but enough to not see any chalkyness

then I do each chip on the inside like that it sucks lol

Just oil the sides imo. It has a more visible impact, it doesn't risk damaging labels, it takes substantially less time, and through shuffling/play the chips will pick up oil from peoples hands.
True thats what I am thinking alil bit of oil gets on the inside of the chip when I do the edges but not much

I have never oiled besides very recently

I take 10 chips then put some oil on the edges and use a qtip to spread it in so its not alot of oil but enough to not see any chalkyness

then I do each chip on the inside like that it sucks lol
I used my fingers and just dabbed them in the oil then wiped the edger.

Oil them
But not too much lol I’ve made that mistake and they act like suction cups!
may I ask how you over oiled ?

I def dont think my method is great well it works nice just takes forever then wiping them down sucks hurts the hands after a while

Yeah shuffling newly cleaned chalky chips is rough
Personally I think that’s part of the problem. Not all chips need to be cleaned and not all chips need to be cleaned so aggressively that they’re left “chalky.” And I put chalky in quotes because I usually use that work to describe factory mint Paulsons (which I also would prefer not to clean and would never consider oiling.) I’m not exactly sure why aggressively cleaned chips come out dried out and gritty. I’m not sure if it’s all chemical residue or if the ultrasonic cleaners have something to do with it. But many of the chips I’ve cleaned have done great with just warm water, dawn, and a scrub brush, and didn’t come out all desiccated and gritty.
If you haven’t figured out my little bias on this one, I think that in general, PCFers do more cleaning and oiling of their chips than is necessary, merely to interact with them. Just play poker with them!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom