To Oil or not to Oil ? I am torn (1 Viewer)

I am torn between Oiling these Jack Cinci Black Label T100s I am prob turning them into $0.50 Fracs with Overlabels

would love to hear thoughts on these ?

90 of them are not Oiled the other 10 are Oiled

View attachment 1365079
View attachment 1365081
View attachment 1365084
View attachment 1365082

Oiled Chip on the Left

View attachment 1365085
View attachment 1365091

I vote to oil them.
I just had to make this decision for the Tiger Palace chip set I bought.
I bit the bullet and oiled with a microfiber towel and I am very happy with the results. I let them air dry for 4 days. There is still a little residual oil on the labels, but not much and none on the clay.

The oiled ones obviously look a bit better, but in my experience, even a very light oiling makes it difficult to shuffle the chips. Others may have different experiences, but for me I avoid oil if possible

The oiled ones obviously look a bit better, but in my experience, even a very light oiling makes it difficult to shuffle the chips. Others may have different experiences, but for me I avoid oil if possible
Did you oil the face of the chip, or just the outer edges? Anyone else have a similar experience? Shuffling is life

Newer Paulson chip inlays are not like the old ones. Don't stress. I would use 1 drop per chip (spread around) & then let sit for 24 hours. When you come back you'll find 99% has been absorbed & cleaning off the last <1% with a micro fiber cloth is painless.

Spent over 3 hours yesterday washing my Harrahs set (ultrasonic). I was able to oil the entire 1000+ chips in less than 10 minutes today and that includes picture taking! Ha!
View attachment 1365758
View attachment 1365616View attachment 1365617View attachment 1365618
View attachment 1365759
I’d suggest that’s still too much oil; they should look darker, but not glossy or wet.

Here’s a recap of a post I made a while back:

This is how much I used per CPC barrel and it worked well. Just a quick tip of the bottle onto the microfiber rag. If I got too much on my rag, I’d angle it so I only used half the oil on one barrel and used the other half on a second.

Just enough to get the edges. I quickly wiped the face to remove any excess that may have made it onto the face of the chip from gaps along the edges.
1725798117879.jpeg

Before and after on DG Peacock. Probably a touch more oil on that left barrel than desired (shown by the faint shine line in the middle of the barrel).
1725798130931.jpeg

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom