Tourney What's the Deepest Run You've Ever Made? (2 Viewers)

I put together a string of 17 or 18 tournaments without a cash several years ago. Does that count? :)

I also used to carpool to WSOP events with Nooker! He taught me everything I know about patting myself on the back!

Rio 3pm Deepstack, $235 buyin, 1200 entrants. Final tabled and ended up busting 8th for 4K.

Amazingly, one day later, final tabled the same tournament (roughly same amount of entrants/prizepool) and chopped it 6 ways (i was 3rd in chips) for 23K.

It was a great trip!!

Rio 3pm Deepstack, $235 buyin, 1200 entrants. Final tabled and ended up busting 8th for 4K.

Amazingly, one day later, final tabled the same tournament (roughly same amount of entrants/prizepool) and chopped it 6 ways (i was 3rd in chips) for 23K.

It was a great trip!!

That's a great run! Nice work!

The one that always seems to come to mind for me was at Rivers in Pittsburgh. $225 buy in deepstack 110 entrys. 13 hours later I took first place for $5700. It was my birthday. :)

I once chopped a 2 person $10 buy in tournament. It was a grind, but my then 8 year old was tough.

Seriously, I cashed at one of the NH games at Bergs place (before it moved to chickens place). I was 3rd in chips and we had a crazy 8 or 9 way chop. Would have busted early, but a card was exposed during the deal. Would have had KK but ended up with K7. Flop was K high. Turn A...and Harley had AA.

That's when I had nearly 50 people in my condo to play in the tourney and I had tables on 3 floors. Never doing that again, that whole day was a nightmare.

I binked 3 tourneys on the Chiptalk/PCF circuit, a 50 person tourney at the Mirage, and came in 5th in a 150 person tourney for the Eastern Poker Tour that included Darwin Moon and Chris Moneymaker. Other than those, usually out third orbit.

I finished first in a Sahara $65 buy in. 200 plus. I don't remember the cash but I do have my tee shirt !!

I'd say my best run was back when Full Tilt Poker used to have those $200 buy-in Sunday Night HORSE tournaments. The first time I played it, I ended up taking it down for around 5 or 6k. They were usually only 100 player fields, so not that impressive, but the following week, I ended up taking it down again. And while I was playing it the second week, I decided to also play in a NLHE 14k Guaranteed at the same time (since playing one table at a time is just too boring online). I ended up winning both of them. So I won the Sunday Night HORSE back-to-back weeks and a 237 player NL event on the same night. That was pretty fun. I also won another 126 player $55 NL MTT two nights before that for about 2k. All-in-all, it was only about 15-20k, but it was definitely a great run, and a lot of fun.

I kept the screen shots from those tourney lobbies... :)

SundayHORSE052806%20copy.bmp

SundayHORSE060406%20copy.bmp

14KGuar060406%20copy.bmp

NLHolemDS060206.bmp

Not that any of these are particularly impressive but when I was like 15-16 I won and finished 9th in the 9k player capped play money tournament. I also finished second in the daily dollar on full tilt for $1k with over 8k runners. I'm not going to say how old I was when this happened though.

I don't get to play live enough but I finished 10th and 14th respectively in my first two WSOP circuit events with ~180 and ~150 runners each. First hand of the final table in the first I get it in against "lucky birthday boy" w/ TT vs A7 and there's an ace in the window.

Last edited:
Party Poker 40K guaranteed $20+2 nightly buyin which had around 2,000 runners everytime. I came in 50th, 35th, 28th and 12th, just could never get over that hump and final table the damned thing. I think I won at most $300-400 while first place was usually 10-12 grand.

I still remember the beats deep into the event, even though this is probably going back about a decade.

We had just come back from a break, blinds 4k/8k and I'm on 90K in MP. Large stack in EP raises, I shove, another large stack in the blinds types "what is going on?" and reraises. I get heads-up with him and dead money in the pot, I've got Aces, he's got Kings. Instead of tripling up I see a King fall on the river and I'm out 28th.

Then when I finished 12th I was the short stack with 220K. Blinds were 15/30K and it folds to the SB who raises to 125K. I'm in the BB with AQ and make my stand, he's got AK, gg me.

Several years ago (feels like a lifetime), back when I used to actually play cards, I was serious about tournaments for about 6 months. My best 3 finishes were:

WPT 10k - 20/353
Foxwoods $560 - 2/415
WSOP $1500 - 46/2521

Still tilted to this day (at various degrees) about how I finished each one of them.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom