Who the Heck is Ken? (1 Viewer)

Apparently so, with these particular labels and printing process.

Sun-Fly hybrids do not exhibit this effect, as the recessed centers are not printed.
Most people won't be able to tell easily. This is going to turn into a shit show.....

That's the problem.... even people that have been around forever and recognize the chips can be fooled.

With great pics and an experienced eye you will be able to tell. Surely there will be a lot of misrepresentations made AND people will be fooled into buying something far different than what they think they are buying.

I'll say it again.....
This IS going to turn into a shit show!
I'll be the first to say it. Resale of the fake scrown and MGK chips should not be allowed here. Made custom only for the original buyer.

Will take this to the controversial opinions thread if I have to, but while we're here, have at it...

72db97ab-7e4e-481e-8937-b121dc9c0e42.gif

I'll be the first to say it. Resale of the fake scrown and MGK chips should not be allowed here. Made custom only for the original buyer....

Maybe......
Not too many guys here are going to buy a 500 pc set of original TR King scrown Tropicana LV chips for what $50,000? but I certainly can see someone here buying several thousand Tina scrown chips and trying to sell them as original singles on e-bay for $100 ea.

I don't have a problem with guys coming up with their own designs and putting them on fake ceramic scrown or MGK molds, but this business of straight up copying an original exactly and putting it on an exact copy of the scrown mold has trouble written all over it.

Maybe......
Not too many guys here are going to buy a 500 pc set of original TR King scrown Tropicana LV chips for what $50,000? but I certainly can see someone here buying several thousand Tina scrown chips and trying to sell them as original singles on e-bay for $100 ea.

I don't have a problem with guys coming up with their own designs and putting them on fake ceramic scrown or MGK molds, but this business of straight up copying an original exactly and putting it on an exact copy of the scrown mold has trouble written all over it.
1693880364744.gif

P.S. It would be great if everyone posted their prices clearly, showed every edited/changed/reduced price, and kept all of them intact after the sales and before closing the thread… this is not about TP chips … but everything offered in the classifieds…. Just one opinion.
this 1000%. I wish everyone would do this because it makes researching price a billion times easier.

We can post dead horse images and all that as much as we want, but the common threads on the first page are unpop opinions, market sat, and pages like these.

I’m sure people like me don’t help, but my posts go in waves of active and nonactive.

And whether I’m here or not, it’s going to continue. Because public classifieds are going to remain highly jackwagoney/posted by bad actors, and this is the easiest/quickest response.

No different than term limits for public officials, everyone publicly seems to be in favor of posting prices, price changes, etc. without editing/hiding. Yet, almost no one seems to do it.

I bet these will fade though. As more times passes and more new chippers join, this will just be their normal. Eventually, the complaints of the Barries and the call for a better system will fade into the wind. Right now we’re just in the uncomfortable adjustment from hobbyists to marketplace. It’s been going on for a couple years now, but I’d bet we’re at the tail end of the current revision.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom