WWYD - nicest guy never knows it’s his action (4 Viewers)

I have no f’ing idea, which is why it’s so bemusing.
Cheating on his wife?

Raise your voice nice and loud, and just be like "Damnit <insert player name here> if you don't pay attention to the game I'm gonna take your phone, wipe my ass with it, and toss it in the toilet"*

* this is a joke. Everyone else saying to just talk to them gently on the side seem to be on the right track. I'm just being an ahole.
Lmao, also me

I'd take him off to the side and say something like "Hey, I know you probably don’t mean to, but sometimes it seems like we’re waiting a bit when it’s your turn because you're so focused on your phone. We’re all here to have a good time, so I just wanted to mention it because a few players have noticed. Would you mind keeping an eye on the game a bit more? I think it’ll help keep things moving smoothly for everyone."

/thread

If he’s truly a nice guy he’ll realize how his actions are impacting others. If he doesn’t… is he really that nice of a guy?

Muck his cards, and move on. if he says "hey, I still have cards", you can say something along the lines of "you took too long", or "you need to pay attention", "put the phone down and play your hand". might be time to be the hard-ass and get him in the game.

and for the record, ANYONE is ban-able. Slow being social is one thing. slow being clueless and being on the phone is another thing.

Just play over them.
Constantly.
Act like they don’t have cards and move on. If I was to his left that’s what I’d do, just act like he wasn’t there.

We have a couple of these offenders. This is what we do, and after about three backups they get the message.

Didn't read any of the replies... so apologies if this has already been mentioned.

Just get a stack of specialty chips... Like the STFU or WTF? chips and toss one at him every time he isn't paying attention. If needed penalize him once he acquires more than 10.

It's funny, fast, not too serious, gets the point across and penalizes him once a threshold is breached.

I'm doing my best, sorry everyone.
IMG_6137.webp

Great line by the famous Scottish pedogogue A.S. Neil:
"Sweetie, your mother and I are very happy about you playing with your penis, but you shouldn't do it in front of other people, because some of them may think it's bad".
:)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom