Your Beer of Choice? (5 Viewers)

Mmmm zombie dust! Mouth erm watering?
Hey you wanted to join the cabal of militant lesbian vampire hunters and you're getting squeamish over a little zombie dust?

Last edited:
Hey you wanted to join the cabal of militant lesbian vampire hunters and you're getting squeamish over a little zombie dust?

In no way would I condone the hunting of lesbian vampires or any other minority group.

Except maybe hipsters.

Wait - this is the Political Correctness Gone Mad thread, right?

Visited Russian River Brewing Company this weekend. Of course it had a line out the door. Choose to just take some beer to go.

Opened a growler of Pliny the Elder last night. Great as usual.

Pliny growler.JPG

I just heard of Three Floyds and I live in a state where they sell it. Gonna go pick some up today.

I bought some Alpha King. Paid more for beer than I ever had. Drank one. And daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn was that good.

I bought some Alpha King. Paid more for beer than I ever had. Drank one. And daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn was that good.
Alpha King is a good starting point for Three Floyds. Gumballhead is delicious if you like wheat beers, especially on a hot sunny day as it goes down very very easy. Robert the Bruce is a decent Scottish ale that is usually pretty widely available (where you can get it anyway), but leaves a little to be desired IMO.

It's a toss up for me which I like the most Arctic Panzer Wolf or Zombie Dust.

Alpha King is a good starting point for Three Floyds. Gumballhead is delicious if you like wheat beers, especially on a hot sunny day as it goes down very very easy. Robert the Bruce is a decent Scottish ale that is usually pretty widely available (where you can get it anyway), but leaves a little to be desired IMO.

It's a toss up for me which I like the most Arctic Panzer Wolf or Zombie Dust.

I'm thinking about a quick stop at the brewery on my way to WCB... Sort of on my way... Worth the detour Tom?

Last edited:
I'm thinking about a quick stop at the brewery on my way to WCB... Sort of on my way... Worth the detour Tom?

Let me know if you go Paulo - I will spring for a case to share at WCB. If Zombie Dust is available, get two six packs of that + one six pack of Alpha King and one six pack of Yum Yum. If no Zombie Dust, then two six packs of the other.

Let me know if you go Paulo - I will spring for a case to share at WCB. If Zombie Dust is available, get two six packs of that + one six pack of Alpha King and one six pack of Yum Yum. If no Zombie Dust, then two six packs of the other.

For sure Mark!! I'm 90% certain I'll go... I just want to avoid rush hour traffic but I should be okay... I should be at 3Fs around 3pm on Thursday...

Is your daughter feeling well... Almost time huh?

I wanted to try the Gumballhead, but my store was out. They just had Alpha, Robert, Jinxproof, and maybe one other that I am forgetting. It is a local chain, I will call around and see if anybody else has it.

For sure Mark!! I'm 90% certain I'll go... I just want to avoid rush hour traffic but I should be okay... I should be at 3Fs around 3pm on Thursday...

Is your daughter feeling well... Almost time huh?

Having contractions and doing well. If no baby by Monday, they plan to induce labor.

Can't recall whether I have replied or not, but any beer with alcohol will do it for me.
(Yrpp....drunk.....)

Can't recall whether I have replied or not, but any beer with alcohol will do it for me.
(Yrpp....drunk.....)

Your IP is placing you in Italy. If you're actually drunk off beer in that country, your post checks out.

I'm in Bergamo, Italy currently. What the frak I'm doing here, dunno....

But drunk :D

offtopic.....how could you tell my IP?

Well, I can't tell your actual IP, but the site geolocates you with it and give you a little flag.

Are you at least drinking Peroni Nastro Azurro, not Morretti? Kinda funny that it's also PBR if you translate it.

Around 3 pm you will probably be out of luck for Zombie Dust. If you check their website they keep it fairly up to date with what is available for pick up. Expect to wait for a little while, though at 3pm I don't know if this will still be the case. Always a line when they first open. I would say its worth the stop just because it is only about 10 mins each way out of your way.

If I happen to be awake around that time I will meet up with you at the brewery. If the wait for the restaurant isn't insane and you are hungry around then they have excellent food and more beers than are available at the pick up window. :)

I wanted to try the Gumballhead, but my store was out. They just had Alpha, Robert, Jinxproof, and maybe one other that I am forgetting. It is a local chain, I will call around and see if anybody else has it.
Jinx Proof is another good one if you like lagers. Good luck in your search. They have a lot of good beers.

I haven't had any of Bell's stuff and that makes me sad. Jinx Proof was more robust than I am used to for a lager, but in a good way IMO.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom