3D3P rack spacers / vendor no longer onsite? (4 Viewers)

Happy to report my order from early this year got delivered this week

IMG_5695.jpeg

I got a shipment notification that my order shipped, but to an old address that I have tried to correct since the order was made. He has never responded to a single message or email, so while he appears to have tried to make good on my order and shipped it, he sent it somewhere where I will never receive it.

Oh well...

I looked into it, it's just not worth the time investment. Would get slammed with demand and then have a huge backlog immediately because print times are long.

I looked into it, it's just not worth the time investment. Would get slammed with demand and then have a huge backlog immediately because print times are long.
Yeah, I thought about dabbling and am happy to do a few projects here and there. But I'm printing out some custom racks for a set and 7 racks will take about 60 print hours if nothing goes wrong. So 3-4 days of printing Even just 10-12 orders with that relative size would take 30-40 days to complete if I was able to keep churning out prints and your net would be very low for the time investment, especially after you factor out filament and expendable costs.

Still waiting .... no contact yet.

Yeah, I thought about dabbling and am happy to do a few projects here and there. But I'm printing out some custom racks for a set and 7 racks will take about 60 print hours if nothing goes wrong. So 3-4 days of printing Even just 10-12 orders with that relative size would take 30-40 days to complete if I was able to keep churning out prints and your net would be very low for the time investment, especially after you factor out filament and expendable costs.
Quadruple prices to slow it down?

I loved all those DB stacked racks one or two fellas were making for people. Asked about it and they have too many projects going on and it takes too long.

Just give me a rediculous number to make it worth your while!

Quadruple prices to slow it down?

I loved all those DB stacked racks one or two fellas were making for people. Asked about it and they have too many projects going on and it takes too long.

Just give me a rediculous number to make it worth your while!

Yep - when demand way outstrips supply, it’s clear that the price can come up.

Plus, this could also be a situation that comes up all the time in small businesses and startups - owners failing to value their own time properly, and only taking into account the cost of the product itself.

I honestly thought he was selling too cheap. I got a bunch of stuff couple years ago, I guess before he got backlogged, but even then I thought it was too cheap. I think he would slow his orders down but still get plenty of work if he tripled the prices. I know I can’t make them and there’s no where else to get them so I’d still pay

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom