Official PCF Whisk(e)y Thread (35 Viewers)

Didn’t realize I already had 2 of these tucked away in the back so……..let’s go!
IMG_7274.jpeg

You guys crack me up. With all the decisions and directions I have to throw out all day, my choice of drams for the evening is the one I actually want to make. The day I let some bloody AI robot tell me what to drink is the day I put a fucking bullet in my head :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:
To crack a new bottle…. To pour from an open… try to kill one… ehh… that’s too much work.

FWIW, I chose the JD on my own

Post workout sip. Wow I forgot how much ethanol is in the nose of this one! As a side note, I checked eBay for more of these long discontinued Riedel Vinum tasting glasses and they have like doubled in price since I got mine in January.
IMG_4310.jpeg

I've heard Kentuck Spirit from rick house CN-.. are the same juice that went into the Single Rick special release. Apparently Camp Nelson is the one to look for.
Dr Evil GIF

20240503_194810.jpg

You heard correctly..... ;)

This Kentucky Spirit is very nice. At 15 proof points lower than Rare Breed, it's almost not a fair comparison. It doesn't have quite the punch that Rare Breed offers, but it drinks very rich, complex and old. And a tad sweeter - kind of. Lots more honey, especially on the nose, this has an incredible nose. The palate doesn't quite follow up on the nose sweetness, but its still very good. Honey, vanilla, cherries and oak, lots of dry oak. Great oily mouthful and long finish, especially considering its only 101.

Dr Evil GIF

View attachment 1323228

You heard correctly..... ;)

This Kentucky Spirit is very nice. At 15 proof points lower than Rare Breed, it's almost not a fair comparison. It doesn't have quite the punch that Rare Breed offers, but it drinks very rich, complex and old. And a tad sweeter - kind of. Lots more honey, especially on the nose, this has an incredible nose. The palate doesn't quite follow up on the nose sweetness, but its still very good. Honey, vanilla, cherries and oak, lots of dry oak. Great oily mouthful and long finish, especially considering its only 101.
Are these super hard to find? Honestly, 101 to 110 is my sweet spot. And I also think Rare Breed drinks a bit below it's proof. I like it a lot. So I'm certain I would like this SB too.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom