Official PCF Whisk(e)y Thread (44 Viewers)

Check this out...

Ps - skip to 13:30
I actually just watched that video yesterday lol

100% agree with their assessment of the 2XO and the New Riff for that matter. My first thought on the New Riff was the same…no way in hell this is only 4 years old. I wish they would start to distribute to NC because I’d buy them on a regular basis.

New from Sagamore (just picked up my pre-order)

IMG_5967.jpeg

IMG_5968.jpeg

Last edited:
I actually just watched that video yesterday lol

100% agree with their assessment of the 2XO and the New Riff for that matter. My first thought on the New Riff was the same…no way in hell this is only 4 years old. I wish they would start to distribute to NC because I’d buy them on a regular basis.
I have a New Riff SB thats 5 yo and it's mediocre at best...that's why I've stayed away from the barrel picks here.

I have a New Riff SB thats 5 yo and it's mediocre at best...that's why I've stayed away from the barrel picks here.
I’ve now had 5-6 different New Riff SiBs and they were all good or better with the original PCF pick being the best of them all. I totally get the potential for disappointment with single barrel roulette though. Full disclosure…I was part of the team that picked that barrel so I might be a touch biased but I like to think we picked a really good one:cool

I didn’t participate in the second pick nor do I have a bottle of it to compare with the first one.

Yeah that’s the problem with single barrels.

Like I bought no less than 5 Henry McKenna single barrels and they were all crap
McKennas used to be one of the best values going but their popularity has driven the price to where they’re no longer worth the $$ to take the chance of getting a dud. My last 2-3 of them were not good and I will no longer buy them at $65-70 apiece that they now retail for. They were $30-35 when I first discovered them. OG Elijah Craig Small Batch when it carried a 12yr statement was just as good of a value too.

I’ve now had 5-6 different New Riff SiBs and they were all good or better with the original PCF pick being the best of them all. I totally get the potential for disappointment with single barrel roulette though. Full disclosure…I was part of the team that picked that barrel so I might be a touch biased but I like to think we picked a really good one:cool

I didn’t participate in the second pick nor do I have a bottle of it to compare with the first one.
First PCF pick is the best regular New Riff Bourbon I've had. Second pick is good but not close. Now the 6 year malted rye, and especially the 8 year malted rye are pretty special. They just released an 8 year bourbon that I missed. We tried a 9 yr. Bourbon SB during the 2nd PCF pick that was flat out GREAT! Watch out for New Riff when they can start mass releasing 8 yr+ stuff.

I wish they would start to distribute to NC because I’d buy them on a regular basis.
Apparently New Riff now distributes to NC! My wife is out in the western mountains of NC on a girls trip and she found a bottle of their Bonded bourbon on the shelves. Ironic how just today I commented that I wished they would distribute here. Hopefully they’ll start showing up on my side of the state.

Apparently New Riff now distributes to NC! My wife is out in the western mountains of NC on a girls trip and she found a bottle of their Bonded bourbon on the shelves. Ironic how just today I commented that I wished they would distribute here. Hopefully they’ll start showing up on my side of the state.
I’ve got a few … they came to MD about a year or so ago.
IMG_5971.png

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom