Barrington poker table thread (3 Viewers)

I didn't get the lighted table and do not regret it. I don't have lighting issues and (to me) it's just another cable for someone to trip over
I own two of the lighted tables. I never use the lights and TBH I'm not sure I even know where the cables are - stuck in a drawer somewhere, presumably. The bright blue LEDs are painful. :cool

But in addition to lights, that version of the table has a thicker plywood base and larger legs. It's a sturdier (but also heavier) table. When I bought them it was a $20-30 price difference and turned out to be well worth it.

I ordered mine a few months ago, still haven't dragged it outside to drill into!

Quoting this to force myself to actually do it soon. Ive had the cupholders for too long.

I believe in you. You got this.

Slow Motion Yes GIF by MOODMAN

Youre all bullies, I still haven't done this.

TODAY IS THE DAY.

Not done with the hole yet but gotta cut the fabric safely. Also dont have the pipe cutter so 4 of the 10 aren't getting done today.
20240609_185420.jpg

Edit: mission currently postponed due to hangry wife. Agreed plan is no longer in place.
20240609_191048.jpg

Last edited:
Well TIMED, PADRE. Just purchased this. Game next Saturday, gotta finish today.

View attachment 1344848
Wait…for that you need to remove the legs from the top to cut them, correct?
I would think it would be far easier with an oscillating tool or angle grinder with a metal cutoff blade/wheel. If you don’t have, maybe borrow or rent?

Wait…for that you need to remove the Leah’s from the top to cut them correct?
I would think it would be far easier with an oscillating tool or angle grinder with a metal cutoff blade/wheel. If you don’t have, maybe borrow or rent?
Eh, youre probably right but didnt want to purchase one. Why is taking the legs off so tough? Getting the table out now.

Excited to see how it turns out!! Hope you know that my post was all in good fun as I love seeing the projects people get into and getting new tips and ideas from them.
For sure, no problem at all.

Eh, youre probably right but didnt want to purchase one. Why is taking the legs off so tough? Getting the table out now.

For sure, no problem at all.
Yeah definitely not worth buying an expensive tool for this. If taking off the top isn’t too much trouble, that’s great! :tup:

Im the man. Took me 174 months to do this but eventually just used some noise cancelling headphones to ignore the corgi and bagpipes.

They're definitely not all centered, but my apes can't make change so Im not worried about it. Table was $86; with cupholders, tools to implement, topper, and bag for table and topper I might as well have just gone custom.
20240616_162007.jpg

Last edited:
@KingHigh surprisingly easy, but if you've got the old version make sure you get a pipe cutter too. Doesn't have to be fancy. I'll post a picture here of the finished product tomorrow, hosting first game since I dropped the bigger cupholders.

I know it’s been said but anyone on the fence about upgrading the cup holders and adding the cob led lights should DO IT! I finished this morning and wow what a difference the cup holders make.
I got the same lights linked earlier in the thread and they worked out great, it’s almost like they’re diffused already.

I’m not the most handy person, I did build my other table myself though, but this was pretty straightforward. Like everyone says, just go slow. By the start of the third one I was pretty confident and it went smooth from there knowing the feel and sounds to pay attention too. I even stopped a few times each hole to vacuum the saw dust out of the way and take a look.

Well worth the little bit it takes for these upgrades. Next step is a topper from @rjdev7. I just gotta place the order

The lights here are a little hard to see turned as dim as they are in the semi sunlight but they’re plenty bright turned all the way up. I’d say that’s about 20% in the pic which is actually about perfect in person
The lights look very cool! Would you mind sending me the link to order? Thanks!

IMG_4816.jpeg
I’m removing the original cupholders to replace them with jumbo sized. I’ve encountered the strap right through the center of the cup. Can someone tell me if this is this the end of my table having a functioning buckle? I assume I need to cut/drill through it.

View attachment 1347598I’m removing the original cupholders to replace them with jumbo sized. I’ve encountered the strap right through the center of the cup. Can someone tell me if this is this the end of my table having a functioning buckle? I assume I need to cut/drill through it.
I drilled thru mine accidentally and so far still functions fine. But I haven’t tested it extensively, so don’t quote me. Just be careful and be aware it’s lost some strength.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom