BUBBS' POKER DEN - CALI COLORS CASH SET (CPC B-DIAMOND) (4 Viewers)

Mrs. Chaos might have something to say about that!! :ROFL: :ROFLMAO::ROFL: :ROFLMAO::ROFL: :ROFLMAO::ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Believe it or not, many airlines do not transport English Bulldogs... :( They do any other breed but EBs... I know that's the case with Delta for sure...

That's odd. Why?

LOL. It's funny you ask as re-booking became an issue last night (details here).

Next question would be does my airline allow pets on the plane, as dognapping Bubbles would certainly be on Mrs. Bentax's agenda ;)

Bubbles is one of the coolest, nicest dogs around. Not a mean bone in her body (not that I've witnesses). She is very cool and worthy of having a cpc set designed in her honor.

That's odd. Why?

Bubbles is one of the coolest, nicest dogs around. Not a mean bone in her body (not that I've witnesses). She is very cool and worthy of having a cpc set designed in her honor.

Delta's response was that many English Bulldogs have respiratory issues and the company did not want the liability... Bubbles of course is super healthy, she has no issues whatsoever, respiratory or otherwise... Okay, maybe some flatulence... ;) A few years back we were exploring Flying with her to Florida instead of driving... I wish I knew which option she'd suffer less as the 24-hour drive is not a walk in the park for her... We did not have any choice but we would have opted to drive her regardless... At least she is with us the whole time...

Yeah, she is a pretty fucking cool dog...

A few pictures of the set in play for the first time. Cross-posted from @guinness ' Official Home Game Picture thread:

k2ZMTDk.jpg
Gr3WUN5.jpg
Qo5RdaR.jpg

Yes, my custom set will be similar...with my beloved pitbulls as the main focus. Such a great looking set.

Played with the set on SAT. night. WOW is all I can say. The fives are my favorite. Followed closely by the 20's and quarters. Honestly, there isn't a bad chip in the bunch.

Wish I could have accrued more chips in my stack. My damn poker skillzzz hindered that :)

Whoa, this is incredible! HUUUUUGE set, cali colors, "Jim B" mold, what's not to love? This is an ALL TIME great set, congrats!

I had a seen a few peripheral glances of this set in the gallery but only now I am starting to piece together what sets belong to which members. Got to say this is a genius set! The color choices have all the vibrancy of the cali scheme but still manage to capture the essence of vintage sets. Every chip is delectable but I think I'd pick the dollar as my fave. I've been going back and forth on the idea of designing a set on the B-mold and this set is a strong suggestion for... but also a small vote against because I really don't think I can top it. And the inlay: this really is a triple-crown winning set!

My friend down the block has an English who is really amazing. She gets confused for possibly being half a French because she is a little shorter than average height and length-wise; she was probably the runt of the litter. Such a smart breed. Meanwhile another buddy has an Olde English who is kind of a doof. But I'm not as up on my trivia when it comes to the Olde English. Not even sure if that is how you spell it but I'll go with it for now.

Your set is just amazing, but your inspiration is even better.

I lost my English Bulldog, Muggsy, when he was only 6. The electricity in my building went out when a fuse blew on one of the hottest days of the year here. The air conditioner never came back on... I found him by his double self watering bowl when I came home from work, which also didn't power back on. I honored him with a tattoo, but your set makes me want to do more... Beautiful story and I hope Bubbles lives a long, happy life with you in and out of the poker room.

I don't know what the hell rock I've been living under to just be seeing these, but Holy Mother of Jesus that is an incredible set.

Nice work all around. Thank you for sharing so many great shots of them.

Your set is just amazing, but your inspiration is even better.

I lost my English Bulldog, Muggsy, when he was only 6. The electricity in my building went out when a fuse blew on one of the hottest days of the year here. The air conditioner never came back on... I found him by his double self watering bowl when I came home from work, which also didn't power back on. I honored him with a tattoo, but your set makes me want to do more... Beautiful story and I hope Bubbles lives a long, happy life with you in and out of the poker room.

Thanks for your kind words about the set @Ellasdaddy !

Your story about Muggsy really shook my day... I'm really sorry about what happened, from the bottom of my heart... The pain must have been unbearable and I can't even begin to imagine how I'd deal with something like that happening to Bubbs... She truly is part of my family and what she brought to my life is more than I'll ever be able to repay her...

We've been really lucky Bubbles is amazingly heathy, specially for an English Bulldog, but no one can scape father time... So every day she is with us we try to make it special for her... In another lucky strike, what she likes the most is poker nights with my friends, so I really gotta make a point of hosting as often as I can, LOL!

I don't know what the hell rock I've been living under to just be seeing these, but Holy Mother of Jesus that is an incredible set.

Nice work all around. Thank you for sharing so many great shots of them.

Thanks rowlin! Glad many of you enjoyed how the set was put together!

Great set up! What Pelican case is that? Must weigh a bit!

I was wondering the same thing. I keep thinking I might get a pelican case some day in case I ever travel with chipes.

Thanks Toby!!! (y) :thumbsup: And yeah, the set up is kinda heavy but 1,600 chips weights a bunch regardless... Because of the wheels, I kinda feel more comfortable with this set up than if they were in two birdcages or briefcases...

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you Tom... When you first asked me I meant to check the case number but forgot to get back to you, so thank for reminding me...

The case is a Pelican iM3100 Storm Case with Foam. I'm using it for all 1,600 chips with only one layer of chips. I could have fixed it for two layers but I opted to have more protection... I wanted the case to be used when the chips were in use and I wanted access to all the racks at a given point. I bought the case during a B&H sale and it went for $150 shipped of something like that...

Last edited:
Paulo, my Pelican just arrived. I have a question about the foam...did you cut completely through the first piece? Also, did you use any special type of knife? Thanks!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom