Buffalo Advice (1 Viewer)

Go Away Reaction GIF

I mean, beef on weck and wings is a staple in this town. You can't go wrong with a place called Bar-Bill in East Aurora, 20-25m outside of Buffalo down the 400. Highly recommend.

Another place in East Aurora is 42 North Brewery. Killer beers and food from Fat Bob's Smokehouse. Say hi to my cousin if you head out there, he works the bar.

I don't eat in the city of Buffalo too often but Pearl Street has a good brewery and food. Lots of other good places to eat in this town man, one of the best things about Buffalo.

You can get good to excellent pizza almost anywhere you go. Imperial, Bocce Club, Picasso's.

Yep, the garbage plate is from Nick Tahou's in Rochester (went to college in Rochester decades ago).
@buffalojim, is the Anchor Bar still a destination for decent wings? I know they lay claim to being the originator of hot wings, but was unsure if they still are good.

Yep, the garbage plate is from Nick Tahou's in Rochester (went to college in Rochester decades ago).
@buffalojim, is the Anchor Bar still a destination for decent wings? I know they lay claim to being the originator of hot wings, but was unsure if they still are good.
I have to hit Rochester on the way home, so they always get lumped together in my eyes

Gene McCarthys…
Hell yeah, right in the Old First Ward, where my fam is from. Irish pricks ;)
I have not been to the Anchor Bar in over 20 years. They originated wings but in my opinion there are much better out there. I really enjoyed going to see live jazz and eat a bunch of wings back in the day though, back when you could get a double order for under $10.

Hell yeah, right in the Old First Ward, where my fam is from. Irish pricks ;)

I have not been to the Anchor Bar in over 20 years. They originated wings but in my opinion there are much better out there. I really enjoyed going to see live jazz and eat a bunch of wings back in the day though, back when you could get a double order for under $10.
Gene was my college roommate’s grandfather….or something like that. His Dad still tends bar on occasion.

Beaneaters…

Francos Pizza. Chefs for Italian food. Duffs for wings. Buffalo has food done so well that if you avoid the chain places you will be happy. Everyone has that one pair of pants that is one size too big. You will need to wear those here in Buffalo cause the food is so much better than anywhere else.

Francos Pizza. Chefs for Italian food. Duffs for wings. Buffalo has food done so well that if you avoid the chain places you will be happy. Everyone has that one pair of pants that is one size too big. You will need to wear those here in Buffalo cause the food is so much better than anywhere else.
Oh yeah, Chefs is a must. Go get some spaghetti parm and then plan on not doing anything else for the next 12-16 hours.

We have an office in Buffalo, I know a local brewery called the Big Ditch is very popular. Good brews and good pub food (I've only been once but it was tasty).

One of the big pluses of Truckin up to Buffalo to see Grateful Dead was the food. Good Stuff. No security at Rich Stadium as the local police knew that when the show was over, all the deadheads would be on the road out of Buffalo so just let them be .)the medium wings are like extra hot in the rest of the world and are better there than anywhere else

Born and raised in Buffalo here.

Bocce Pizza, Mighty Taco, Ted's Hotdogs.

For any real old school peeps, best ever- Leonardi's Pizza on Bailey ave and Jimmy J's Bar (for Wings) also on Bailey. Both long, long gone.

Re Ted's- there is one location outside of the Buffalo area, in Tempe AZ.

Last edited:
Born and raised in Buffalo here.

Bocce Pizza, Mighty Taco, Ted's Hotdogs.

For any real old school peeps, best ever- Leonardi's Pizza on Bailey ave and Jimmy J's Bar (for Wings) also on Bailey. Both long, long gone.

Re Ted's- there is one location outside of the Buffalo area, in Tempe AZ.
Sahlens hot dogs man, that's where it's at. Sahlens anything really.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom