Vendor Sale CHIPS* GROUP BUY*: WEB Mold, GREEK Mold * Cards Mold * Textured No-Mold * 05/2024 (4 Viewers)

Star Wars GIF

:ROFL: :ROFLMAO: :ROFL: :ROFLMAO: :ROFL: :ROFLMAO: :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Once again thank you Justin for running these group buys! Happy with my artwork, a few things I would adjust on my end. Overall extremely happy.

Attachments

• IMG_0661.jpeg
    IMG_0661.jpeg
    265.1 KB · Views: 103
  • IMG_0662.jpeg
    IMG_0662.jpeg
    282.8 KB · Views: 107
  • IMG_0663.jpeg
    IMG_0663.jpeg
    101.2 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_0665.jpeg
    IMG_0665.jpeg
    250.1 KB · Views: 104
IMG_5450.jpeg
A quick comparison photo against the real thing. I’ll make a video soon and post it, but for now, you can see the great design work that @greedyintern executed to make these beautiful chips inspired by some of the most famous chips in existence. And he added his own flavor that I think improves the design over the originals and also helped avoid copyright infringement. (Panda vs Bear, larger inlay, Pink 5k, 6 edge spots on 1k/5k). I’m extremely pleased with these, especially at less than 1/4 the price of CPCs.

Well USPS hung on to my chips for an extra day but they arrived this morning and boy oh boy. Cannot wait to get them into play.

Since I got my shuffle stack of the Horseshoe group buy way back when, I knew I wanted some in that Matsui edge design. I wanted a Cali colored set too and the Sunset Beach label fit right in. I get that the combination may be apocryphal to some, but I love it.

And the 43mm!! They’re just so big. I’ve got different samples before, but that didn’t prepare me for the size of a whole barrel, or cutting out into 5s. They are enormous.

IMG_3530.jpeg
IMG_3529.jpeg
IMG_3525.jpeg

Well USPS hung on to my chips for an extra day but they arrived this morning and boy oh boy. Cannot wait to get them into play.

Since I got my shuffle stack of the Horseshoe group buy way back when, I knew I wanted some in that Matsui edge design. I wanted a Cali colored set too and the Sunset Beach label fit right in. I get that the combination may be apocryphal to some, but I love it.

And the 43mm!! They’re just so big. I’ve got different samples before, but that didn’t prepare me for the size of a whole barrel, or cutting out into 5s. They are enormous.

View attachment 1363418View attachment 1363419View attachment 1363421
Beauties

View attachment 1363418View attachment 1363419View attachment 1363421
Those turned out really nice. Well done on the color/denom selections.

Overall happy, besides one issue, did anyone else order/receive the 5¢ Panda KGB webmold? The color seems to be a rose-gold color with a pink hue instead of the light tan shown in the picture…
IMG_0241.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_0240.jpeg
    IMG_0240.jpeg
    105.1 KB · Views: 29
Overall happy, besides one issue, did anyone else order/receive the 5¢ Panda KGB webmold? The color seems to be a rose-gold color with a pink hue instead of the light tan shown in the picture…
View attachment 1365297
Just noting that in looking at past color samples: Tina's printing has variation on colors, with certain colors (those already with an M value) having a higher chance of printing higher in magenta values. Tan has some magenta in it already in it, so seems more likely to print slightly higher (but not guaranteed). Purples namely are the ones that print the most off digital versions, but its seen elsewhere to lesser extents.

Mine are the same sadly. There wasn't a pre designed chip for that so I gave Tina the instructions for it and it definitely the came out with a rose hue. Not the intention at all.

I can update the image so it is more accurate for now, but I'd actually like to have Tina adjust the hue so it is more of a gray.

Mine are the same sadly. There wasn't a pre designed chip for that so I gave Tina the instructions for it and it definitely the came out with a rose hue. Not the intention at all.

I can update the image so it is more accurate for now, but I'd actually like to have Tina adjust the hue so it is more of a gray.

This is a bummer to hear.

I am remiss we do not get a proof or something similar before Tina prints the chips. There are a lot of differences between an Image File and real life and it should not be up the buyer to know all the intricacies and variances that come with this process

This is a bummer to hear.

I am remiss we do not get a proof or something similar before Tina prints the chips. There are a lot of differences between an Image File and real life and it should not be up the buyer to know all the intricacies and variances that come with this process
Yeah, I agree. There was talk of buying samples of EVERY chip they currently had on file, and then selling sample sets of those blanks, not sure if anything happened with that.

I was a little disappointed also that the belly of the panda I designed was light gray in the file but printed much darker. Not the worst, but it was a surprise.

They did send a proof when the first run was made and the $0.05 cent chips looked good. Definitely didn't think anything of it when I saw the picture. Looked like the original "cream" color. Seeing it in real life was a little different.

Tina proof:
1000042981.png

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom