Da Vinci Plastic (1 Viewer)

Okku

Full House
Reaction score
Curious on if any of you guys have used Da Vinci plastic decks before and what's your thoughts about them? I recently went to a NAPCO convention here for work and one of the vendors there sells the Da Vinci plastic decks. He gave me a setup for free and they seem like some decent plastic decks. To me they feel very similar to the Poker Stars decks that are out there with the texture on the cards, but overall feel pretty nice.

Wondering if you guys have used them, your thoughts and so forth!

Yeah they’re great and they’re almost definitely made by Modiano. For a while they were my #1 reccomendation for high quality low cost bridge jumbo setup available on Amazon, when they were around $12 or $14. At $18 for a setup today on Amazon, they’re still a buck or two cheaper than copags.
And they come with cut cards (or at least they used to.)
There was a local cardroom in NH that actually used them for tournaments, along with copags, for whatever that's worth.

They’re right down the middle flexibility wise, slightly stiffer than Copag, (personally I prefer my cards a touch flexier) and they have a really nice texture on both sides. Easy to gather, minimal top card float and nice bright red ink. And practically no PVC smell.
Buy ‘em!
IMG_0924.jpeg

IMG_0925.jpeg

I like them and have 3 or 4 set ups. They are a sweet spot of flex for me, and a sweet spot of not so slippery that the top card flies off the deck, but not so textured that they are difficult to push the riffled deck together - is there a proper term for that? The font’s average, but I like the artwork and the backs.

I tend to switch between these and Desjgns when I’m hosting. Desjgns are stiffer, but the font :wow: have you seen that Queen :love:

The cut card is pretty thin and bendy. It’s also black and can disappear against my black topper. It’s nice that they include one, but I don’t tend to use them. I have some stiffer red ones I’ve picked up along the way and usually grab one of those.

I love them. As I have posted in other threads here, you can pick up new setups but with a cheaper clear plastic case instead of the hard black case at ChipsandGame.com for $8.99/setup with discounts if you buy 7 or more. The price for these has gone up in the last month as I bought some a month ago at a little over $6/setup plus shipping with a discount code they sent to me (one time use only). Customer service there is good and especially if you are buying 7 or more setups it would be worth seeing if they could give you a better price than is being currently advertised.

They are excellent value for the money.

As long as you are not expecting the feel of Cellulose Acetate you will not be disappointed for what you paid.

One thing though is I think you can't get jumbo indexes.

They are excellent value for the money.

As long as you are not expecting the feel of Cellulose Acetate you will not be disappointed for what you paid.

One thing though is I think you can't get jumbo indexes.
My only 2 DaVinci set ups are Jumbo
20230508_182503.jpg

20230508_181843.jpg

As far as Cellolose Acetate goes my experience is they always warp so I'm off that hype train.

Last edited:
My only 2 DaVinci set ups are Jumbo
View attachment 1368971
View attachment 1368972
As far as Cellolose Acetate goes my experience is they always warp so I'm off that hype train.
Whoah, both the Persianos and Ruotas are available on Amazon. I gladly stand corrected!!

As to Cellulose Acetate, yeah, the warpage sucks so you can't keep em long, but IMHO if you spend a lot of time dealing, they're worth a little something...

As to value though, without shipping the Da Vincis cost more or less the same as a deck of Desjgn cards, which I feel has a better feel/texture. I like the font of the Da Vincis more. Its a bias, I know, because I am so used to it.

I'm kinda leaning a bit towards Desjgn.......

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom