Derail and WTF Merge Thread (26 Viewers)

IMG_0858.jpeg

Actually, Lesbian literally means "from the (Greek) island of Lesbos".
It acquired its metaphorical sense from the ancient Greek lady poet Sapfo, a native of the island, renowned for her female homosexual love poems.

I guess the metaphor was created in post-ancient (i.e. Judaeo-Christian) times, since in ancient Greek culture most people were bisexual, fullly retaining their masculinity and femininity, respectively, though. Sex was something you did; not something you were.

Actually, Lesbian literally means "from the (Greek) island of Lesbos".
It acquired its metaphorical sense from the ancient Greek lady poet Sapfo, a native of the island, renowned for her female homosexual love poems.

I guess the metaphor was created in post-ancient (i.e. Judaeo-Christian) times, since in ancient Greek culture most people were bisexual, fullly retaining their masculinity and femininity, respectively, though. Sex was something you did; not something you were.

Party pooper! :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Party pooper! :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:
Today's "pride" parades (actually, indecency parades) would have caused ancient Athenians to vomit, while ancient Spartans would have reached for their swords.

Remember, that would happen in societies where most people were having sex with both sexes.
If asked, they would reply "I 'm a man" or "I 'm a woman".

Today's "pride" parades (actually, indecency parades) would have caused ancient Athenians to vomit, while ancient Spartans would have reached for their swords.

Remember, that would happen in societies where most people were having sex with both sexes.
Sounds like most of them would be saying “I’m tired” :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

The ancient equivalent of “no homo”?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom