Favorite Cards (2 Viewers)

What is your favorite brand(s) of cards?

• KEM

Votes: 14 17.9%
  • Copag

Votes: 16 20.5%
  • Modiano

Votes: 11 14.1%
  • Desjgn

Votes: 15 19.2%
  • Cartamundi

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • Faded Spade

Votes: 11 14.1%
  • Gemaco

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • DaVinci

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Fournier

Votes: 32 41.0%
  • Bicycle

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Dal Negro

Votes: 5 6.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
With respect to Fournier vs Bicycle Prestige, the poll limited me to a maximum of 2 choices. I originally had Fournier and Bicycle, but since they are essentially the same, they are both covered by Fournier in my vote, and I added Desjgn for a non-Fournier-based second choice.

With respect to Fournier vs Bicycle Prestige, the poll limited me to a maximum of 2 choices. I originally had Fournier and Bicycle, but since they are essentially the same, they are both covered by Fournier in my vote, and I added Desjgn for a non-Fournier-based second choice.
^ This. I initially checked off Fournier, Desjgn, and Bicycle (Prestige) prior to discovering I could only pick two choices.

The Prestige cards (especially the bridge-size variants) are excellent, although they suffer from premature wear on abrasive felts like SSC (nowhere near as bad as Copag, however).

These are our favorites:
1. I really like old Desjgn but have no idea who made them. They're a little thinner, less stiff and sure smell like Acetate. They were close to perfection.
2. Fournier. I hated them at first but now I love the nice crisp shuffle. Wifey thinks they are too stiff. I guess they're more of a man's card.
3. Kem. A little wimpy but nice texture/feel. I've never had issues with warpage. Wifey's favorite so I guess they're more of a girly card.
This brand is the worst:
Copag. They go downhill fast due to bad fading.
I will henceforth refer to older Desjgn cards as "Perfects", to Fournier cards as "Man-Cards", to KEMs as "girly-cahds", and to Copags as "downhills".
:D
KEM fanbois can blame @davefr. The extra "h" is a tribute to @upNdown.

Indeed Bicycle prestige (that I like a lot too) are produced by Fournier.
My bicycle prestige set is actually my favorite. They shuffle great, not too slippery like many of the other makes I've tried. Price was right too, wish I had bought them all instead of one red, one blue. I only picked them up because they were on clearance at fleet farm when they clear out the toyland shelves to put in spring garden stuff. They were originally $11.49 but 50% off per deck.

Is there a thread that ranks the stiffness of the cards? I’d rather have a deck of copags than KEM since the KEMs feel to soft/thin to me. However if there was a deck with a happy medium I’d gladly try them. I just ordered a set of modianos Texas poker from Amazon.

Wild. He has the COPAG decks barely less flexible than the KEM. I feel like a deck of kems is still more flexible than one COPAG card. I would have thought COPAG would have been near the bottom of the flex rating. I guess if the pack of modiano texas that i am getting soon come in more stiff than the COPAG decks, I will just live with the fact that my feel for cards is way off.

Wild. He has the COPAG decks barely less flexible than the KEM. I feel like a deck of kems is still more flexible than one COPAG card. I would have thought COPAG would have been near the bottom of the flex rating. I guess if the pack of modiano texas that i am getting soon come in more stiff than the COPAG decks, I will just live with the fact that my feel for cards is way off.
Maybe try another deck of copags. They’re pretty flexy.

1. FOURNIER 2826
2. MODIANO PLATINIUM
3. DALNEGRO (DESJGN are made on DALNEGRO stock so its judgment call)
4. TREFL (because of $/durability ratio plus there are so few full bleed decks)

Note.
Never played ANGELS
Still love to play KEM

Wow, I didn't know this would turn into another club meeting.

7r4y60.jpg

TBH, I have never noticed this ink fade problem. Will check if my buddy has, he uses Copag exclusively.
In the early 2000s when we were playing almost weekly cash games, me and a few friends who were hosting looked for a Kem alternative to save money for bigger tournaments . Copag was the ONLY option back then we could find half the price of Kems.

Initially they were great and I was recommending them and bought more. However we started noticing the ink fading off after several long sessions. Then later some were stored for a few months to a year and the ink bled and transferred from the backs to the front of all the cards.

I don’t not recommend them because I think they are ok for the money…but I don’t buy them anymore for myself. They are not good for heavy regular use with a lot of handling. But if you only play occasionally you may be fine.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom