Fugly Poker Table Thread (9 Viewers)

I was pretty close to that thinking when I was building tables when I realised that a good (not great, but good) table is...
  • A lightly padded surface that allows cards to glide. The surface should be level from rail to rail.
  • A rail. Padded and clean is best. Unpadded is acceptable, dirty is not.
  • Legs that don't get in the way.
I've made a very good table utilizing 2 used Ikea tables. Take the legs, scrap the rest. It's just a matter of realising that a 1/2" piece of plywood and legs is a table, if you add a decent rail and add some foam and felt / speed cloth.
That's awesome! I would love to build a custom table I am sure it would be a lot cheaper than buying one. But I am not good at stuff like that, as a matter of fact I'm more like Wreck-It Ralph

1690161222708.png

You can tell the table's been well cared for. I especially love the cupholders cut into the playing surface from the rail.

IMG_1855.jpeg

Description from ad:

Handcrafted game table/poker table. Wood table stands 30" tall with removable legs. Over 550 beer caps, card hands, and poker chips are inset with a bar coat epoxy finish.

View attachment 1168468

Description from ad:

Handcrafted game table/poker table. Wood table stands 30" tall with removable legs. Over 550 beer caps, card hands, and poker chips are inset with a bar coat epoxy finish.

This looks like some sort of redneck/disco theme. And I can't jive with either of them.

Found another….

View attachment 1168481

View attachment 1168482

View attachment 1168483

The barrel acts as the base, but also….but ALSO, the playing surface.

So good that it's NEVER BEEN USED. And it's an off-red octagon, so you know what that means....

Not a poker table, but what freaking games are played on this?

View attachment 1159963

Back in the day, at the county fair there was a table like this that would spin. The vendor dropped a mouse in the middle and you had to guess which hole it would go in. Rodent Roulette, basically.

Yep back in the day 1970's, State Fair had this game. You played and if you guessed right you won cartons of cutbutt cigarettes. Back when Merica' was great!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom