Harrahs New Orleans NCV THC chip sale (6 Viewers)

I also would like to try the oil/water type method for these guys but have been doing it by hand individually with a microfiber towel
I find they absorb well and dry really fast when placed on a beach towel with an other beach towel on top, so it seems like they need/want that oil lol.

I’ve only been using the pairing knife on the outer edges and to a lesser extent on the canes, but with the T1Ks for me it smudged into the outer edge when I did it wet.

My OCD just had an O.
motion geyser GIF

Finished my trades to get my tourney set uniform and finally washed all of the chips yesterday. Went ultrasonic for 2 minutes at 43 degrees Celsius and 3 tablespoons of fake TSP. Cleaned them all perfectly with zero damage or dulling to any of the hotstamps. Actually ran the 1000s through twice (they needed it) and zero issues.

Oiled them all up today and I love this set. Pretty sure it's my favorite tourney set and can't wait to felt them!

20240730_103652.jpg

Would also like to know more about the water/oil method.

I use a cheap salad spinner, without the spinner top.

Put in warm water (not hot) with half a cap of mineral oil MAX.

Dunk a rack+ of chips in and out the water a few times.

If the chips are sticking together, use a wooden spoon or the like to agitate and make sure everthing gets exposed. Remove the basket.

Place the chips on a towel. I like to give them a twist as I do so. If the inlays seem oily, you can press another towel on top or swab them individually if really necessary. (Not likely unless you used too much oil.)

Let sit a bit (30 minutes is plenty) then flip them over, giving each a twist. Air dry another ~30 minutes or so.

When stacking them up, I will roll the edges of the chips 10-12 at a time on the towel.

To further ensure dryness/even distribution, shuffling barrels a few times on a dry towel is another thing I sometimes do before racking these up.

Finished my trades to get my tourney set uniform and finally washed all of the chips yesterday. Went ultrasonic for 2 minutes at 43 degrees Celsius and 3 tablespoons of fake TSP. Cleaned them all perfectly with zero damage or dulling to any of the hotstamps. Actually ran the 1000s through twice (they needed it) and zero issues.

Oiled them all up today and I love this set. Pretty sure it's my favorite tourney set and can't wait to felt them!

View attachment 1365754
Wow... That $25 looks cool!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom