Heading back to North Carolina (1 Viewer)

Have you compared quick N brite to Sterlings?

I bought some cause it’s cheaper with free/quick shipping on Amazon and it’s supposed to be non abrasive like Sterlings
I haven’t tried the clean-n-bright, but also considered it for that same reason. I bought the Sterling’s direct from them from their website. Called a talked to the daughter of the owner. It’s a small family businesses.

I can’t say for sure, but I think the two are fairly similar. But that is 100% assumption on my part - lol.

Last edited:
...BEETLEJUICE!!!
tyra banks oh my god he did it GIF by America's Got Talent

I haven’t tried the clean-n-bright, but also considered it for that same reason. I bought the Sterling’s direct from them from their website. Called a talked to the daughter of the owner. It’s a small family businesses.

I can’t say for sure, but I think the two are fairly similar. But that is 100% assumption on my part - lol.
I want to support Sterling’s too then, I can dig a small family business.

Might as well get the 1/2 gallon lol

I’m returning my oxiclean that said it’s safe on colors, I had high hopes…
IMG_7359.jpeg

I am looking through these old threads of DJs and IGs sales... I am a year late to the fun...

Seems like new chip guys missed it all

I am looking through these old threads of DJs and IGs sales... I am a year late to the fun...

People who got into chipping every year as far back as I can remember would say the same thing. I got into it around 2016 and I’m pretty sure I missed all the good deals.

Just be glad you’re here now, before clay chips become extinct.

Look back further, there have been lots of sales and there will be more. Just consider yourself lucky you have time to read up and prepare.

There will be others - I missed out on Horseshoe Cleveland back in the day only to score Horseshoe Cincinnati and later Horseshoe Southern Indiana. Be a frequent visitor and you will be rewarded. Side note - really wish I hadn't sold those mint HSI chips!!! And I really wish I would have pulled the trigger on Lake Elsinore! Chipping does come with some regrets but it's a wonderful disease.

Yup. They aren't too bad to clean.
Thanks!

Can you specify how much Oxiclean should go in the water? And do I just dip the magic eraser in the liquid and then wipe down the chip (sparing the hot stamp) or am I supposed to soak them in the water? Should I plan to oil after as well?

(If this was previously covered I can search for the technique)

Thanks!

Can you specify how much Oxiclean should go in the water? And do I just dip the magic eraser in the liquid and then wipe down the chip (sparing the hot stamp) or am I supposed to soak them in the water? Should I plan to oil after as well?

(If this was previously covered I can search for the technique)
None. They don't need oxy. It's heavy grease. Grab some dawn and scrub away (sans the hot stamp)

None. They don't need oxy. It's heavy grease. Grab some dawn and scrub away (sans the hot stamp)

Do you scrub with a Magic Eraser (like @Gorbash) or just with a soft sponge?

I agree with the dawn instead of oxi for sure. At least to start. Let them soak in warm water with dawn for 10-15 minutes. Then the first should hopefully wipe away. Just be careful what you scrub them with. Even a plastic bristle brush can damage hot stamps. I’d try with a rag or a sponge first. And very gently over the hot stamps, only when necessary. And seriously, take some good quality close-up “before” pictures of a few chips’ stamps. After cleaning them, compare them to the pictures, to make sure your method isn’t screwing them up. Hot stamp chips are a pain to clean. These ones are pretty special, so I’d take serious care not to screw then up.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom