How many sets of chips is to many? (1 Viewer)

I really don't think there's a number on how many sets is too many. Diversity is a beautiful thing

How many sets of chips is to many?​

Konfuzius says:

„As long as you have the space, the money and the support of your government, it can’t be too many!“

IMG_0791.gif

I have a majestic set and would be happy with the ddlm from brpoker… paulsons and comparative chips are too rich for my blood…

See all the spaces between these sets and the additional rug space NOT covered in chips?
20240518_164448.jpg

That means plenty more room for additional sets! Lol

(Of course that's only the tourney sets... zero chance all of them would even fit in the room at once)

And @wcsmik 8 of those sets are Paulsons, including most of that top row.

Fellow Chipper Ben

I'm don't think I'm smart enough, or qualified enough, to directly answer the question. However, I have been hanging around here long enough that I can probably give you a good starting point to work from:

All of them are not enough.

Let's see....

One cash set, limit cash set, and tourney set per mfg/mold:

• Paulson (THC, IHC)
• Blue Chip Co. (MGK, Suits, T-mold)
• T.R.King (Cap Dash)
• ASM/CPC (DiaSqr, Jockey, Cirsqr)
• ceramic 43mm hybrid (Web)

Looks like 30 sets, minimum. Could be a lot higher for some folks.

Or if wanting to only represent each mfg and ensure the three different set types are in the collection, just five big sets might suffice.

lol, nah.....

I'm thinking that "42" number might be pretty close.

I’m starting to think that anything over 0 is too many.

Maybe just join a forum with people who have amazing sets, make new friends, travel to their games to use those chips without spending your own money.

I’ve said too much.

Not serious answer: Never too many.

Serious answer: It depends on how you view your chip sets. Are they collectible as pretty to look at and maybe use once in a while items or are they necessary items for your poker games wehre you only want enough to spice up the game by switching out sets? If the former, see response above. If the latter, then it also depends on how often you have games and if you feel like it's a waste to have a set setting around if you don't get it into play often enough.

I'm at 11 sets. One is a tourney set, one is a limit set and the rest are cash sets that can handle 0.25/0.50 games up to $2/$5 games.

I’m at the point now where I want whacky shit like a giant inlay set. Seems like there’s no limit.

Last edited:
Right now I'm telling myself 2 niceish sets will be plenty. I don't know if I really believe it, but it's what I'm telling myself. I imagine that may change after I actually have two sets. "Oh, but these are both ceramic and I really should have at least one compression clay..."

Let's see....

One cash set, limit cash set, and tourney set per mfg/mold:

• Paulson (THC, IHC)
• Blue Chip Co. (MGK, Suits, T-mold)
• T.R.King (Cap Dash)
• ASM/CPC (DiaSqr, Jockey, Cirsqr)
• ceramic 43mm hybrid (Web)

Looks like 30 sets, minimum. Could be a lot higher for some folks.

Or if wanting to only represent each mfg and ensure the three different set types are in the collection, just five big sets might suffice.

lol, nah.....

I'm thinking that "42" number might be pretty close.
don't forget the world of plastic
Bud Jones
B&G
Abatti
Matsui
Gemco
others

This is only a question one's bank account/credit cards/lines of credit/home equity can answer. But officially, the answer is unknowable until every iteration of chip has been made.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom