How to raise the stakes? (1 Viewer)

I haven't read the whole thread, and this was probably mentioned, but...

Go with a buy in range rather than a set amount. $25 - $50 for instance. Some will stay at $25, some will go $50. Some will do in between.

Our game is $0.50/$0.50 and we usually play Pot Limit. Min buy-in is $50. Max is $100. Rebuy up to $100 any time.

Our social game will find it's niche for sure, but my appetite might increase to where a second, more competitive game emerges.

Yes, best wishes for that. But I'm pretty sure higher stakes doesn't necessarily mean more competitive. Donks come in all income brackets.

I haven't read the whole thread, and this was probably mentioned, but...

Go with a buy in range rather than a set amount. $25 - $50 for instance. Some will stay at $25, some will go $50. Some will do in between.

Our game is $0.50/$0.50 and we usually play Pot Limit. Min buy-in is $50. Max is $100. Rebuy up to $100 any time.

If you ever need another player like @inca911 I think mentioned in a different thread I'm always looking for new games.

I agree with the good Dr here as well. I've always done a buy in range of 40-100. Lets people decide the amount of money they want to risk.

I agree with the good Dr here as well. I've always done a buy in range of 40-100. Lets people decide the amount of money they want to risk.

same at my house. A few guys will buy in for 60. I've even done it once when I was feeling a little gambly early on lol.

When I'm feeling gambly early on, I'd rather buy in for less, shove, and rebuy.

When I'm feeling gambly early on, I'd rather buy in for less, shove, and rebuy.

That's what I did. Except I thought I was going to double up on the third hand with my nut flush flop...........didn't hold lol (and this was in HL).

Rebought, recovered most of it early and went on to make a small profit.

That's what I did. Except I thought I was going to double up on the third hand with my nut flush flop...........didn't hold lol (and this was in HL).

Rebought, recovered most of it early and went on to make a small profit.

We have a couple luckbox calling stations at my game so usually they runner runner me if I go all in :/

We have a couple luckbox calling stations at my game so usually they runner runner me if I go all in :/

He flopped a set I flopped the nut flush. It was to bad of a beat. I've done worse/had worse happen to me lol. Hell, just the other night at @ChaosRock tourney I went runner runner for trip 5's with an 8 kicker on a dude. Granted I was betting every street and he was only calling :)

Hell, just the other night at @ChaosRock tourney I went runner runner for trip 5's with an 8 kicker on a dude. Granted I was betting every street and he was only calling :)
So either you were drawing to a straight, you had an amazing read, or you're just a maniac?

So either you were drawing to a straight, you had an amazing read, or you're just a maniac?

not drawing to a straight. I was holding 8/5 off suit. Bet pre flop with one caller. Flop came K/Q/10. I'm supposed to bet that right? We were at the table for a bit with each other and I did have a feel on his playing style. Shit, I turned a 5, bet it, he again called, rivered another 5. Bet it again and got a call. There were a couple of WTF looks at me from a few of the players (maybe even Paulo lol). In my defense I had a ton of chips, possibly half of what was in the tourney. I was making the right plays at the right time. Add that to running crazy hot and it was a good night for me.

Shit, I almost doubled up on the first hand of the night with 10/7 suited. Flopped an open ended straight draw and a flush draw. I turned broadway and rivered the second flush. He flopped two pair and couldn't get away from it.

I would like to say it was skill. I was running hot, getting lucky, and looking good while doing it :)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom