I was today years old when I… (10 Viewers)

I was today years old when I learned they “hey man, what’s up?” is not an appropriate response to “Peace be with you” when everyone stands up in a Catholic Church and greets each other. (I was bewildered when this happened).

Yeah, not a Catholic. Catholicism is weird. It’s like, a religion, or something.

I was today years old when I decyphered some of the Orthodox Christmas liturgy, which is sung in the original (hellenistic ancient Greek)
Mind you, I 've followed the "classical" course in high school.

So, it's not "let's help the Lord", but rather "let's ask the Lord":p
It's not "Lord, teach me my rights" (e.g. to remain silent:ROFL: :ROFLMAO: ) but rather "Lord, teach me your rulings":)

Hellenistic Greek is not more distant from modern Greek than Shakesperean English is from modern English (which, in comparison is a 2,200 year time distance as opposed to a 400 year distance) but it provides many funny misunderstandings even for litterate people, as, supposedly, myself.:)
You only just finding that out? Duh.

if you have tried haggis and didn’t like it then I will respect your opinion. If you haven’t tried it but are defaming it based on reputation, I shall jump on the next flight and wrestle you wearing just my kilt (and nothing else) :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:
1704178269079.gif

I was today years old when I learned they “hey man, what’s up?” is not an appropriate response to “Peace be with you” when everyone stands up in a Catholic Church and greets each other. (I was bewildered when this happened).

Yeah, not a Catholic. Catholicism is weird. It’s like, a religion, or something.

Not catholic, but my step-family is. I'm not sure if they mix things up just to keep us non-catholics on our toes, but I just learned they've changed the response from 'and also with you' (normal, makes sense) to 'and with your spirit' (baffling).

Not catholic, but my step-family is. I'm not sure if they mix things up just to keep us non-catholics on our toes, but I just learned they've changed the response from 'and also with you' (normal, makes sense) to 'and with your spirit' (baffling).
I’d either be like:

“Hey, whoa, hold on, I’m still doing ok, let’s keep the spirit on the inside”

Or like:

(Wordlessly pulls out a fifth of Crown Royal and walks to the back of the pews)

I was today years old when I found out percentages are reversible. So example 8% of 25 is the same as 25% of 8. Which makes it way easier to work out the first one. Call me simple but this has blown my mind

I was today years old when I found out percentages are reversible. So example 8% of 25 is the same as 25% of 8. Which makes it way easier to work out the first one. Call me simple but this has blown my mind
I keep learning it & then forgetting it.

They made a handful of changes to the mass a while ago (probably close to 20 years now) to reflect more accurate translations of the original Latin.

You know I think it was last year or the year before when I realized wrapped up like a deuce was deuce and not.. well.....
And now you're three years older learning it was "revved up like a deuce" after Manfred Mann changed Bruce's original lyrics from "Cut loose like a deuce, another runner in the night."

Apparently he didn't play hi/lo split.

:p

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom