I was today years old when I… (11 Viewers)

Candy corn can make corn on the cob
1701833644140.jpeg

Sam Heughan Dancing GIF by Men in Kilts: A Roadtrip with Sam and Graham

Did you celebrate?
Half the jokes on here don’t translate for me so there’s sometimes a bit of work involved :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:
I was in the shop across the road buying some food and they had a bin full of ritz crackers and I had a eureka moment. Honestly I’m so proud of myself :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

I wouldn't eat those green bitter turds even if they were battered and deep fried then wrapped in bacon.

*Don't misunderstand me, I'd eat the bacon and batter, just not the Brussels sprout

Brussels sprouts halved, seared in bacon grease, then simmered in chicken stock garlic and onion powder are delicious.

Exactly. Any dish that involves sprouts usually involves stronger flavours to hide the sprout taste. Be as well throwing the sprouts in the bin and having the bacon on its own.
Exactly! If you magically cover up the taste, you still have the texture to deal with.

Politely look to your wife and say, "You can have mine, Darlin'"

I was today years old when I decyphered some of the Orthodox Christmas liturgy, which is sung in the original (hellenistic ancient Greek)
Mind you, I 've followed the "classical" course in high school.

So, it's not "let's help the Lord", but rather "let's ask the Lord":p
It's not "Lord, teach me my rights" (e.g. to remain silent:ROFL: :ROFLMAO: ) but rather "Lord, teach me your rulings":)

Hellenistic Greek is not more distant from modern Greek than Shakesperean English is from modern English (which, in comparison is a 2,200 year time distance as opposed to a 400 year distance) but it provides many funny misunderstandings even for litterate people, as, supposedly, myself.:)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom