"Ignore" feature (9 Viewers)

yeah I have a couple. Psypher channeled my thoughts.

..a really great feature would to be able to have a block buyer feature. Anything you place in the classifieds is not viewable by those on said list.
That's actually not a bad idea. Because I won't ignore anyone, but there are a few I wouldn't do any deals with.... Or maybe more "hesitant" to do so.

I've never blocked anyone here, though after a recent purchase that got damaged in shipping, I kind of wish I could block USPS.
Okay. Small vent. I had a set that was suppose to show up yesterday. Mailman drove up, tossed my mail in my box, drove off... I walk out and there is a missed package slip on my mail. They didn't even stand up to come to my door.

Then I call USPS. They take the issue but it takes the lady on the phone about 15 minutes to process it. She then says "now that a claim is made, I'll give you the managers number at the PO and you can get them ton.... Ohhhh... Looks like it closed 2 minutes ago"

***Head exploding***

I am just thinking it might be a better place if there is some stuff I don’t see. I hope it works like I hope it does :)

^^This x1000^^. I’ve used it several times in the past with zero regrets. I deal with enough of them in my daily life so I don’t want a$$holes in my “community” if I can avoid it, which I can by using the “ignore” feature.

Never used it, and haven't really felt a need for it yet. How does it work exactly? Is every post from the ignored user like a spoiler, so you can read it with a single click in case you want to? Or are the posts simply not visible to you at all?

Never used it, and haven't really felt a need for it yet. How does it work exactly? Is every post from the ignored user like a spoiler, so you can read it with a single click in case you want to? Or are the posts simply not visible to you at all?
Just for example purposes:
6039D9EB-E88E-473E-BFF2-838D754827BF.jpeg

EVERYONE LOOKS ANYWAY... WOULD BE BETTER IF IT WAS A BLOCK.... BUUUT IM PRETTY SURE IF THE IGNORED PERSON HAS A SALE, YOU CANT SEE IT... BUT THEY CAN SEE YOUR SALE EVEN IF YOU IGNORE THEM... KIND OF POINTLESS, BUT IT STILL FEELS GOOD TO BE ABLE TO CYBER SHUN SOMEONE YOU POTENTIALLY HATE.

oh darn. I was hoping that the entire post just wasn’t visible. Like you could just “poof” someone from your own personal PCF experience.

What happens if an ignored person tries to PM you?

I believe you cannot receive PMs from ignored members, Mel. However, if they send you one, they would not know you never received the PM.

Also, threads started by ignored members do not show up for you.

I only have one person on ignore. People stated that I would be ignoring a lot of people for ignoring them. However, that hasn’t been the case. I enjoy this forum a lot and greatly enjoy this feature

I believe you cannot receive PMs from ignored members, Mel. However, if they send you one, they would not know you never received the PM.

That sounds perfect!

It does show up on the bottom that there is blocked content on the page but could be easily overlooked. Only people I have blocked are people I would no longer sell/buy too so it’s mostly moot if I miss their threads.

4B9F4271-87D6-4F2C-B9EB-EA247A84906E.jpeg

Yes, 3 times

For "ignored 1" , the first interaction of that guy towards me (we had never discussed before) he wrote to me: "fuck you"
"Ignored 2" was a guy backing up "ignored 1" with a comment that I found loaded with a ethnic nationalism content.
The third, an annoying troll from Norway that derailed the European Meeting organisation OP

Not at all

*Wondering if I'm the annoying troll from Norway.... :nailbite::nailbite:*

#AnnoyingNorwegianTroll

I have a few people ignored. Just added one that I meant to add the other day as a result of this thread.

Problem is, I always see the "Show ignored content" button, and I always click it. So no real benefit for me, but it feels good to send people to the shadow realm.

This is the weirdest thread... I can’t seem to see the original post... just the replies..

ok, just kidding. As a mod i don’t really have the luxury to ignore offensive or annoying content... but not much phases me. :)

Then I call USPS. They take the issue but it takes the lady on the phone about 15 minutes to process it. She then says "now that a claim is made, I'll give you the managers number at the PO and you can get them ton.... Ohhhh... Looks like it closed 2 minutes ago"

I'd bet the manager was nearby and said, after "stall until 5 p.m."

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom