"Ignore" feature (10 Viewers)

This thread made me take the leap and block my first user a few months ago, and I gotta say this place is so much more peaceful and nice now. Incredible how much toxicity one user can spread. Only have one on my list, and there's no one else in contention for being on there.

yep, one can make all the difference in the world!

Is there a list ranking members on how many people have ignored them ? I’d ask if anyone has me on ignore, but they wouldn’t see it since they ignore me right ? It’s kind of saying uncle, or admitting defeat if you let your nemesis win by ignoring them .

This thread is spicier if y’all start naming names

LOL........I'll give you a clue with the picture below....some curmudgeon who is perpetually confrontational. I think its a menstrual thing

Untitled.jpg

fwiw, I don't find @David O to be a confrontational curmudgeon.....
Not David O .....:ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

David O uses the same chip for his avatar but the edgespot on David's is located on a different quadrant and with different background color
Untitled 2.jpg

Contrast this to the curmudgeon's avatar....and I'm quite certain everyone knows who I am referring to.

Some people just go around holding grudges and could not seem to let things go.

A thread can be perfectly civil but 'he' sees someone who had a previous altercation with him, he just can't help having a go at people. He's not exactly the spark which lit the fire but still he manages to burn the whole village down. What a tool.

Last edited:
So why did you change your mind? I’m either an asshole or I’m not. Or was I just blocked for the short time I owned SB chips?

Usually its because of a combination of things. Honestly, I had only read one post that pissed me off before blocking you. I realized I was probably jumping the gun.

Not David O .....:ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

David O uses the same chip for his avatar but the edgespot on David's is located on a different quadrant and with different background colorView attachment 408383

Contrast this to the curmudgeon's avatar....and I'm quite certain everyone knows who I am referring to.

Some people just go around holding grudges and could not seem to let things go.

A thread can be perfectly civil but 'he' sees someone who had a previous altercation with him, he just can't help having a go at people. He's not exactly the spark which lit the fire but still he manages to burn the whole village down. What a tool.
I realized that as one of those that kept him going, purposefully at times, I in turn would cause greater headache and eventually be blocked as well I’m sure.

I apologized privately just recently in hopes that maybe there’s less hullabaloo around here, and subsequently blocked (my first!) not because the posts annoy me, but because I don’t have the self control to abstain from the fray.

The ignore function is self imposed censorship; I prefer to take in all the info I can, then proceed accordingly.

I did use it for a period of a month or so on three members, but I found I read their comments anyway. So, now, I just mentally block them.

i used to do the same thing. Now that i truly ignore them life is better.

I realized that as one of those that kept him going, purposefully at times, I in turn would cause greater headache and eventually be blocked as well I’m sure.

I apologized privately just recently in hopes that maybe there’s less hullabaloo around here, and subsequently blocked (my first!) not because the posts annoy me, but because I don’t have the self control to abstain from the fray.
Apologize for what Barrie ? You had some deals that went pear-shaped but you had your reasons and you made things right in the end.

Comes a point in time when certain people ought to just graciously move on and place the past as water under the bridge.

But this one dude.....he mystifies me with his constant anger and evangelical meltdowns. Like I said, a thread can be perfectly innocuous, but he sits there on the sidelines just spoiling for an opportunity to drop a load of napalm and turn another thread into a shit show.

The last stupid thing I read out of him was when he abruptly had a go at 'kaimat' for something that is not even on-topic. I decided then things had gone beyond tiresome with this guy and promptly place the fool on the Ignore list.

Apologize for what Barrie ? You had some deals that went pear-shaped but you had your reasons and you made things right in the end.
Oh yeah I apologized via words and actions long ago on that. This was just me apologizing after being a dick and occasionally calling him out in some of those absurd posts. He responded on some angry kick about millennials, so oh well we move on.

Since I’m guessing there’d be a small consensus on who is the most widely blocked, who would be the most widely followed PCFer?

Oh yeah I apologized via words and actions long ago on that. This was just me apologizing after being a dick and occasionally calling him out in some of those absurd posts. He responded on some angry kick about millennials, so oh well we move on.

Since I’m guessing there’d be a small consensus on who is the most widely blocked, who would be the most widely followed PCFer?

Agree on most ignored.
Most followed I guess is @TheChipRoom

Never ignored anyone and don't intend to. Chipping is an escape from the usual batch of shit life throws at us. Nothing you nerds say can peeve me to the point where I couldn't read it without bringing me down. If this community ever got to that point, I'd probably quit chipping and take up knitting.

And here I thought I had no one on my ignore list. This thread made me check it, and I went "oh yeah...this guy". 100% Toxic poster who came and went just as fast.

I try to keep an open mind. As someone who's 1st language is not english, I know sometimes things may not come out right or as intended. Especially attempts at humor.

AND now I wonder how many ppl can't see this post, lol.

I also don’t follow anyone, didn’t even know that was an option. What does “following” do?

I also don’t follow anyone, didn’t even know that was an option. What does “following” do?
From my experience, absolutely nothing.
I assumed you would get notifications more frequently from the person you followed but I didnt notice any changes

When I joined I think I followed a couple PCF vendors just to get notified on sales, but didn’t work (I think).

Now that I’ve checked, I’m wondering who this is (charge my phone I know) - no posts, signed up years ago, has no history except follows me? Site bot?

065F0744-FFBA-4FB9-88D7-860B4A97E586.png

From my experience, absolutely nothing.
I assumed you would get notifications more frequently from the person you followed but I didnt notice any changes
If you don’t change any of the default settings it doesn’t do anything. I’m sure there’s a notification toggle for people you follow but all I know is if you have a private acct (which isn’t actually private at all) following someone else makes your account essentially not private to them (again if you toggle that option on).

...and yet I’ve only ever bought chips from you once in my life. Maybe it would be +EV to block me lol

Really? It seems like more.

Maybe my brain just lumps you and Pat (@AK Chip) together as "Those guys way the hell northwest from here".

Throw in Mel (@liftapint) and that would be a certainty... :cool:confused:nailbite:

Nothing you nerds say can peeve me to the point where I couldn't read it without bringing me down. If this community ever got to that point, I'd probably quit chipping and take up knitting.

Man I really miss @MegaTon44... If any of you locals head over to his place for a knitting party, tell him we said hello.

1581879053870.png

Does anyone know, do you see “likes” on your content from an ignored member? I don’t have anyone on ignore, so I have no idea

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom