"Ignore" feature (8 Viewers)

Does anyone know, do you see “likes” on your content from an ignored member? I don’t have anyone on ignore, so I have no idea
D8A601EF-2F83-4ACF-B724-B18A54D80CFE.jpeg

@hdgeno ? For science?

Does anyone know, do you see “likes” on your content from an ignored member? I don’t have anyone on ignore, so I have no idea
Oops, looks like I did have someone on ignore. They haven’t logged in in almost 2 years, so I don’t think I missed anything

So tell me about the "Ignore" feature.

Have you ever used it?

If you have, why?
Ok. I'll fess up. I once ignored @detroitdad.

Not on purpose though. I must have accidentally hit the "Ignore" button, which is right between "Follow" and "Start Conversation" buttons.

I only realized when I was looking at a thread in which he posted, and instead of seeing his post, PCF showed something to the effect of: 'you can't see this post because you've ignored/blocked content from this user.' I wondered why, and then saw I had ignored him. Oops. :)

@BarrieJ3, you might not see this since you allegedly have me blocked (weird, because you never seem to miss quoting a single post of mine), but maybe one of you cronies can fill you in. What kind of guy posts in a thread to try to win some brownie points about an "apology" that he gives to a guy he thinks he's constantly stirring the pot with? I'm guessing it's the same type of guy that, on multiple occasions, ghosts people with their chips and money and doesn't reappear until more drastic measures are taken to track his sorry ass down. I'd be happy for you to share that "apology" you typed to me (I have it saved in case you made the choice to delete it). Are you REALLY that off? Why lie to try to impress people you don't even know?? Maybe you can borrow a screwdriver from someone at SQM.

As for my brashness, there's no doubt I have plenty of it, and I'm sure it turns a fair share of people off. If you pay any attention, you will notice most of my brashness is directed at your incessant nonsense, or those in your circle jerk of Internet "friends." I also have no issue calling out BS when people get screwed over on here. Ironically, you seem to be the target in a lot of those discussions.

To those that have me blocked, I'm guessing there's not too many of those 'flakes I give two shits about. That's just the new, modern way, I guess. Little feelings get hurt and then block away. And to the Cro-Magnon that came out of his cave at breakfast when he showed on here a couple months ago that has me on ignore, please pass me a tissue. Move on to the next thread where you try to impress the lemmings with your big words and underhanded jabs. I've got nothing for ya.

The more and more people that I ignore, I wonder if threads will start to seem strange.
I'm willing to take the risk :)

It's a joyous endeavor. I've probably blocked about a tenth of the number of people who have blocked me, so I've blocked about a dozen or so people? But I'm constantly reminded that I can't view the "ignored content" at the bottom of seemingly every thread. I wish this little reminder wasn't there.

I've lost a couple of auctions in the past because I missed bids by bidders I had blocked, but it was still worth it. No regrets. Interestingly, most of the people I have blocked don't buy nice chips anyhow lol, so it works out.

I blocked one person back in the ChipTalk days. Then he started a new account (with the Admin's permission) and he tried to clean up his ways. I later met him at a meet-up, and I can honestly say he is one of the top 5 members I look forward to seeing at a meet.

Just because someone is an ass online, does not mean they are an ass in real life.

After that I avoided the ignore button for a very long time. However, I found that I only have so much time in my day, and reading incessant blathering nonsense is not what I want to spent my precious time on. For that reason, I currently have one person on ignore, and have zero desire to click "Show ignored content".

There have been others that like to spew nothing but hate, but I typically just skip past their poorly worded, grammar-lacking, misspelled, rants.

fwiw, I don't find @David O to be a confrontational curmudgeon.....

I thought the exact same thing, I could not understand how one of the nicest members on the site could earn an ignore from anybody, ever. Lol I know most of the drama goes over my head but I was really confused on what I could have missed that would make someone block @David O :LOL: :laugh:

Apologize for what Barrie ? You had some deals that went pear-shaped but you had your reasons and you made things right in the end.

Comes a point in time when certain people ought to just graciously move on and place the past as water under the bridge.

But this one dude.....he mystifies me with his constant anger and evangelical meltdowns. Like I said, a thread can be perfectly innocuous, but he sits there on the sidelines just spoiling for an opportunity to drop a load of napalm and turn another thread into a shit show.

The last stupid thing I read out of him was when he abruptly had a go at 'kaimat' for something that is not even on-topic. I decided then things had gone beyond tiresome with this guy and promptly place the fool on the Ignore list.
No, trust me. @BarrieJ3 is a douche.

I thought the exact same thing, I could not understand how one of the nicest members on the site could earn an ignore from anybody, ever. Lol I know most of the drama goes over my head but I was really confused on what I could have missed that would make someone block @David O :LOL: :laugh:
I can see where it might be confusing. Perhaps the following will clarify matters :-

APB.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom