"Ignore" feature (6 Viewers)

I blocked one person back in the ChipTalk days. Then he started a new account (with the Admin's permission) and he tried to clean up his ways. I later met him at a meet-up, and I can honestly say he is one of the top 5 members I look forward to seeing at a meet.

Just because someone is an ass online, does not mean they are an ass in real life.

After that I avoided the ignore button for a very long time. However, I found that I only have so much time in my day, and reading incessant blathering nonsense is not what I want to spent my precious time on. For that reason, I currently have one person on ignore, and have zero desire to click "Show ignored content".

There have been others that like to spew nothing but hate, but I typically just skip past their poorly worded, grammar-lacking, misspelled, rants.
GrandGnu????

Jesus Christ, it was a serious thread, then Josh and Brie and Barrie comment. Josh, stfu, it’s a trial separation. I’m fucking busy, come to FL meetup if you need to talk. Meanwhile detroitdad has already said he’ll take on any of my packages (oof)....

You’re not being any better than you think he is fwiw
Being 'better' ? :D I thought it was obvious I'm not even trying to be 'that'. Rather, I was actually being flippant.....fwiw :rolleyes:

Getting parodied comes with the territory of being abrasive. I'm sure its sticks and stones for most folks here. And fwiw, we like dogs....even Hell Hounds ;)

I blocked one person back in the ChipTalk days. Then he started a new account (with the Admin's permission) and he tried to clean up his ways. I later met him at a meet-up, and I can honestly say he is one of the top 5 members I look forward to seeing at a meet.

Just because someone is an ass online, does not mean they are an ass in real life.

After that I avoided the ignore button for a very long time. However, I found that I only have so much time in my day, and reading incessant blathering nonsense is not what I want to spent my precious time on. For that reason, I currently have one person on ignore, and have zero desire to click "Show ignored content".

There have been others that like to spew nothing but hate, but I typically just skip past their poorly worded, grammar-lacking, misspelled, rants.
I remember that shit storm Tony (name altered to protect the the not so innocent) got stirred up over there. I dont remember how it got started, there was definitely fallout. I also remember you and perhaps a couple of other people changing your minds after the meetup. Good stuff there.

Being 'better' ? :D I thought it was obvious I'm not even trying to be 'that'. Rather, I was actually being flippant.....fwiw :rolleyes:

Getting parodied comes with the territory of being abrasive. I'm sure its sticks and stones for most folks here. And fwiw, we like dogs....even Hell Hounds ;)
Plus, it was funny.

I am curious about the chiptalk people that were ignored.

Curious if any ignores followed me here.

Not that I care

Though being on global ignore took a few posts to figure out.

Last edited:

Not that I care

I would read this, but for some reason it's coming up ignored...

Not that I care

Still on of the biggest over reactions on CT, putting a member on global ignore was just idiotic. At least have the guts to ban rather than global ignore

Not that I care

I still reflexively cringe when I start reading a 99%evil post, but there really hasn't been any reason since the CT days.

Here’s an example: I just dropped two people onto my ignore list for shi*ing on a thread where someone was sharing about the battle with COVID he and his wife were enduring. People that selfish, and ignorant, are likely to remain so and aren’t worth having in my PCF universe.

But, that’s just me.

Here’s an example: I just dropped two people onto my ignore list for shi*ing on a thread where someone was sharing about the battle with COVID he and his wife were enduring. People that selfish, and ignorant, are likely to remain so and aren’t worth having in my PCF universe.

But, that’s just me.
I did the same..... Good work!

1606929174415.gif

I've never put anybody on ignore. I don't want to miss anything useful, even if it comes from somebody who happens to be a dick.
You can still see they posted something and can “click” to see their post anytime

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom