Life is Grand! (7 Viewers)

Hoping this will be my new T5 tournament lineup.

Tournament T5 Lineup.jpg

This is the last update on my package
May 11, 2022, 3:53 pm
Shipment Received, Package Acceptance Pending
LOS ANGELES, CA 90009
Your shipment was received at 3:53 pm on May 11, 2022 in LOS ANGELES, CA 90009. The acceptance of your package is pending.

My sample set is still in LA but when it arrives I will be comparing with the primary HSI's that I have and can take pics.

Also I'll try running the set through my ultrasonic if dirty at all to see what results there.
This is the last update on my package as well, I am located in Belgium (Europe).

Are there any other European chippers that ordered but did not get any further updates? Or is any action required on my behalf to get things moving? :)

This is the last update on my package as well, I am located in Belgium (Europe).

Are there any other European chippers that ordered but did not get any further updates? Or is any action required on my behalf to get things moving? :)

May 13, 2022, 8:42 am
Processed Through Regional Facility
LOS ANGELES CA INTERNATIONAL DISTRIBUTION CENTER
Your item was processed through our LOS ANGELES CA INTERNATIONAL DISTRIBUTION CENTER facility on May 13, 2022 at 8:42 am. The item is currently in transit to the destination.

May 13, 2022, 8:42 am
Processed Through Regional Facility
LOS ANGELES CA INTERNATIONAL DISTRIBUTION CENTER
Your item was processed through our LOS ANGELES CA INTERNATIONAL DISTRIBUTION CENTER facility on May 13, 2022 at 8:42 am. The item is currently in transit to the destination.

It usually takes 7-12 days for package to move from LA to Norway so don't be concerned quite yet. It takes ages with US - EU postage now.

It usually takes 7-12 days for package to move from LA to Norway so don't be concerned quite yet. It takes ages with US - EU postage now.

Yeah, I have another package that's been on the road for 14 days now and is just trackable locally today so I think even 12 days is optimistic.

Ordering a sample set if you are in EU is always risky. Hard to say if you will get it in time. I think you might be lucky that Jim has less workers this time around which might push back the sale date. Packages that go through LA is like a black hole. They just get stuck there for no reason.. if they go to New York, they go through lightning fast

Hoping this will be my new T5 tournament lineup.

View attachment 913128

That's pretty much a perfect lineup IMHO.

I'm torn though. I highly disdain chips that show heavy use and the grunge shown on a lot of the 8v $25's bothers me. However, I think over time I'd be less happy with the 2D14 secondaries. I don't like their color combo as much and they're sort of a bust for spot progression. Of course, everything pales following that stellar bear claw $5. :D

Which ever side of that fence I fall on, I'm really curious on the %'s and prices to see whether I can make a similar lineup for two tables. I'll drop it to a $1 base if the cost becomes prohibitive.

That's pretty much a perfect lineup IMHO.

I'm torn though. I highly disdain chips that show heavy use and the grunge shown on a lot of the 8v $25's bothers me. However, I think over time I'd be less happy with the 2D14 secondaries. I don't like their color combo as much and they're sort of a bust for spot progression. Of course, everything pales following that stellar bear claw $5. :D

Which ever side of that fence I fall on, I'm really curious on the %'s and prices to see whether I can make a similar lineup for two tables. I'll drop it to a $1 base if the cost becomes prohibitive.
The primary $25 I received was grungy, but I would not call it heavily used. The edges are slightly rounded, but nowhere near reaching the hats like a heavily used RHC can get. And the grunge cleaned up very easily with a short Dawn soak and a bit of scrubbing with a toothbrush. Can't speak for all of them, but the one I have is just nicely broken in. I have no reservations about purchasing them based on condition.

But I do agree that I'm anxiously awaiting pricing. If there is a significant bump from previous sales, then I may have to pass. I want a set of these, but I don't NEED a set of these. Price will be a determining factor.

I concur 100%
The primary $25 I received was grungy, but I would not call it heavily used. The edges are slightly rounded, but nowhere near reaching the hats like a heavily used RHC can get. And the grunge cleaned up very easily with a short Dawn soak and a bit of scrubbing with a toothbrush. Can't speak for all of them, but the one I have is just nicely broken in. I have no reservations about purchasing them based on condition.

But I do agree that I'm anxiously awaiting pricing. If there is a significant bump from previous sales, then I may have to pass. I want a set of these, but I don't NEED a set of these. Price will be a determining factor.
Thirded.

I'm a potential buyer at $2/chip average, not $3 per or more.

Agree with this. My primary 25 also was very dirty but cleaned up easily by hand and looks very nice even without a US bath. The chip rust it has may make me go with the secondary though. I know I can’t see it with the naked eye, but I don’t want it all over my poker tables and room either.

Agree with this. My primary 25 also was very dirty but cleaned up easily by hand and looks very nice even without a US bath. The chip rust it has may make me go with the secondary though. I know I can’t see it with the naked eye, but I don’t want it all over my poker tables and room either.
I think the secondary 25 may have more chip dust on then than the primary 25s.

Based on my experience with Jack Cincy secondary 25s (that were never used). Those had a bunch of chip dust from the manufacturing process and it got all over the boxes and my hands. And they are the bright green too. They and their dust can easily be seen under UV light.

If the Indiana Grand secondary 25s have also never been used, they probably have the same dust all over them. @TheChipRoom can confirm (if he has time).

Bottom line: check mint/never used chips for manufacturing dust if you don't want it everywhere.

Legitimate question - why would anyone care if invisible dust got on things. If you need a UV light to see it, what's the issue?
Make sure you tell the front desk on your next business trip that you don't mind invisible substances on your sheets -- as long as you can't see them without a UV light.

Legitimate question - why would anyone care if invisible dust got on things. If you need a UV light to see it, what's the issue?
That's completely up to the individual, I suppose.

But it's not invisible. The Jack Cincy secondary 25 dust is green, just like the chips. However it can be difficult to see depending on how thick it is and how green your table surface is. But it fluoresces brightly.
After handling a lot of chips, you can also feel it on your hands and fingers (it dried mine out like talc or foot powder would).

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom