Life is Grand! (4 Viewers)

Make sure you tell the front desk on your next business trip that you don't mind invisible substances on your sheets -- as long as you can't see them without a UV light.
you made me remind a scene of Ocean 13, when they put bed bugs in the bed. The poor man spotted them using a UV light

I did not found exact scene on youtube but if you saw the movie you can understand

The lineup I'm going to try for. I am too lazy to do another relabel $0.25 at the moment so would play with one of my existing relabels (lilely the HS $2).

20220518_100554.jpg

20220518_100607.jpg

I also have a rack of these $500s I could swap over. Not sure about a purple quarter.

20220518_101201.jpg

Legitimate question - why would anyone care if invisible dust got on things. If you need a UV light to see it, what's the issue?
I can't give you a good reason, but I definitely don't like the idea.
And now I have a compulsion to rush out and buy a black light and yet I'm very afraid to do it, at the same time.

Legitimate question - why would anyone care if invisible dust got on things. If you need a UV light to see it, what's the issue?
That's completely up to the individual, I suppose.

But it's not invisible. The Jack Cincy secondary 25 dust is green, just like the chips. However it can be difficult to see depending on how thick it is and how green your table surface is. But it fluoresces brightly.
After handling a lot of chips, you can also feel it on your hands and fingers (it dried mine out like talc or foot powder would).
This ^ I barely handled that chip other than cleaning and washing it with soap and water and had that stuff all over my hands, arm, etc. It also has staying power and there is still residue even after washing hands and arms again. I am going to run the chip through the US and then see how it goes. As indicated originally, I may have just released a bunch of the dust b/c the 25 was the dirtiest chip and the one I scrubbed the most and used magic eraser on. Windy Crest might need a scan...lol. This could be you during DiD! :oops:....JK!

giphy (1).jpg

Last edited:
This ^ I barely handled that chip other than cleaning and washing it with soap and water and had that stuff all over my hands, arm, etc. It also has staying power and there is still residue even after washing hands and arms again. I am going to run the chip through the US and then see how it goes. As indicated originally, I may have just released a bunch of the dust b/c the 25 was the dirtiest chip and the one I scrubbed the most and used magic eraser on. Windy Crest might need a scan...lol. This could be you during DiD! :oops:....JK!

View attachment 913310
I have the HSI secondary $25 so my whole room would probably glow.

No was I'm using a UV light at Degen in Dallas, you've seen the lockup list.

Hello, I lost track of this thread for a couple weeks. I gathered from scrolling through the last couple pages that we are still waiting for the sale to be posted? This is my first time around for something like this, is there a website to purchase through when the time comes or does it happen through the classifieds on this site?

Not sure what exactly is on the $25s, but it's it harmful to have it spread around? Like eating or touching mouth or eyes at times? Does it clean off easy? Is it just on the primary?

Sample Set~2.jpg

Going with these if it helps anyone.

Last edited:
The lineup I'm going to try for. I am too lazy to do another relabel $0.25 at the moment so would play with one of my existing relabels (lilely the HS $2).

View attachment 913291
View attachment 913292

I also have a rack of these $500s I could swap over. Not sure about a purple quarter.

View attachment 913290
I like option 1 with the pink quarter. BUT... The primary $1 is a PERFECT progression from that Horseshoe quarter. I'm not a huge fan of the secondary $1. Probably just me though.

Hello, I lost track of this thread for a couple weeks. I gathered from scrolling through the last couple pages that we are still waiting for the sale to be posted? This is my first time around for something like this, is there a website to purchase through when the time comes or does it happen through the classifieds on this site?
Scroll to the top of this page. Click on "The Chip Room" to go to his page, then click on "watch" over to the right. Then you will get notifications whenever Jim posts a new thread. That is where the sales thread will be posted - on Jim's page. Not in the Classifieds.

I like option 1 with the pink quarter. BUT... The primary $1 is a PERFECT progression from that Horseshoe quarter. I'm not a huge fan of the secondary $1. Probably just me though.
Great part about chipping is that everyone has strong preferences for diffetnt chips. For me sec $1 is clear winner.

I struggle with the $25s. I want to like the primary $25, and once cleaned and oiled much better BUT the secondary base colour clicks so much better with the primary $5 for a cash set or with sec chips for tournament set.

Not sure what exactly is on the $25s, but it's it harmful to have it spread around? Like eating or touching mouth or eyes at times? Does it clean off easy? Is it just on the primary?

View attachment 913514
Going with these if it helps anyone.
I agree with the same exact choice. I like the yellow highlights on the $500. I like the neon orange on the $100. That green is darker than the primary green. I like the bear claw colorful $5. i like the neon orange $2.50 spots.

Great part about chipping is that everyone has strong preferences for diffetnt chips. For me sec $1 is clear winner.

I struggle with the $25s. I want to like the primary $25, and once cleaned and oiled much better BUT the secondary base colour clicks so much better with the primary $5 for a cash set or with sec chips for tournament set.
My comment wasn't so much about which was the better $1 chip on it's own. I was just pointing out the smooth progression from 3D18 to 4D18.

Has anybody who bought samples had any issues with the mysterious yellow film that plagued the HSIs? Have we done the white microfiber cloth test?

Has anybody who bought samples had any issues with the mysterious yellow film that plagued the HSIs? Have we done the white microfiber cloth test?
Scroll back the last few pages. People are saying it’s on the primary 25

Scroll back the last few pages. People are saying it’s on the primary 25
Ah crap! I searched this thread for "yellow" and "film" and when I didn't get any hits, got excited that these chips might not have the problem. But it seems like we're using the terms "Chip Rust" and "ink" ...

Well that sucks. Mystery ink is back. I was surprised to learn that it also affects the HSI primary $25s. I thought that mostly it was only the secondary $2.50, $5, and $25.

Now I'm depressed.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom