Lighted Dealer Buttons (5 Viewers)

Lighted Dealer Button - Grade it!

• A: Awesome idea! Everyone at my game loves it!

Votes: 6 85.7%
  • B: Kind of cool and most everyone likes it too.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • C: OK, I guess... Mixed reviews from my regulars.

• D: Eh, too gimmicky and not really wanted.

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • F: Who in the world thought a Lighted Dealer Button was a good idea??!!

• Total voters

Gavin

Flush
Reaction score
Hello!

Thank you again to everyone that purchased the lighted Dealer Buttons! I hope everyone likes them and have been able to put them in play. :)

And... I’m actually very curious what everyone thinks, so I’m tagging everyone that made a purchase. :unsure::unsure::unsure:

For this thread, please feel free to do any of the following:
  • Vote on the Poll (vote honestly – I can take it)
  • Add picture(s) of your lighted DB in action at your home game(s)
  • Enter any thoughts you have on the lighted DBs (like it, hate it, could care less, recommendations, etc)
  • Suggestions? Do you think this could extend to any other poker related buttons – maybe for a High/Low button, or a Bomb Pot button, a Kill Pot button, or ???
And for your time, I’m going to raffle off one free set of two (2) Lighted DBs and I’ll cover the shipping.
To enter the raffle, all you have to do is make a post on this thread regarding the lighted DB (max of one entry per member) - could be your thoughts (or other players’ thoughts) on the lighted DB, a pic or two of your lighted DB in action, suggestions, recommendations, whatever… I’ll post a “last call” at some point, but I plan to leave this open for a few weeks for input as well as pictures.

LED Dealer Button 3.JPG
LED Dealer Button 4.JPG

Thanks!
Gavin
1727504774743.png

@57chevy
@AcesUp907
@ahuynh62
@anstossfreak
@Bacon Dad
@BarrieJ3
@BEANO52
@BearMetal
@Bill_Man618
@BPTDirector
@Brandon
@calfdemon
@Carnth
@ChipEnvy
@demonnic
@deskjob101
@EastCoastCali
@Finest
@flipupchipup
@Flopalopagus
@FordPickup92
@golobos
@grantc54
@harrysallout
@Himewad
@horseshoez
@iLogik
@JayBob
@JJDiamonds
@JoeBGo
@John Conor
@Josh Kifer
@JWJ
@Kensco
@KHarp1
@Lars
@Littleluck55
@LowerBama1714
@Lucky4
@Machine
@merkong
@mho
@MrBoosh
@Mudfever
@Nickamas
@NotRealNameNoSir
@Nuhockey
@Ocharacato
@Omar65
@Pinkdan
@pocketJs
@Poker Zombie
@Pokerdogs10
@PokerSenpai
@Pony
@Potsie1
@PUN26802
@Saoliver
@Skagglio
@SpaceMonkey420
@Sparkynutz
@Stackme
@Suited Connector
@suited67
@TheB00T
@Timmah
@toothpic
@triton
@turboj623
@twocannons
@UniLover
@WoodenMonkeyLamp

Well, I didn't buy one because I was too late - was going to get a set and give one to a friend who thought it was spectacular. I think a kill pot version would be amazing as well!

Thanks for the tag, don’t have pics atm so next poker session I’ll def take some and leave feedback for you!

I’m actually very curious what everyone thinks

Since you asked for my opinion.....

I think they are really cool. I know this is a bit weird, but sometimes I dim the lights, fire up the UV lights and let the chip's spots glow. This is where the dealer button (literally) shines. In the lower light environment, it's easy to see. I like the cyan color the best.
The only thing I don't like is the glowing spot below the "ea" in "dealer." A bit of electrical tape helps with that. :shrug:

Overall... I bought it because I thought it would be a fun gimmick. And it is... both fun and a gimmick. But I also bought it to help Truman.
After a few orbits, I turn the lights back on and go back to a regular dealer button. Use it too much and it will get old fast. So a short time, once every get-together or so seems about right.

The good:
  • I like it and so did my crew. It’s was/is a great idea!
  • The color options are good,
  • The colors are vibrant.
  • The light sequences are fun

The bad:
  • It doesn’t hold a charge well. Whether you use it or not. Mine lasts for just under one session, and needs to be charged the day of the game or it won’t work.
  • I have no clue how to improve the quality but the button feels like it’s one anything away from breaking.
  • Cycling through the colors and knowing where you are in the cycle is a nuisance (not the end of the world at all). I also don’t know how this could be addressed.
Overall, no regrets :) and I’m happy with the button!

I'm hosting my first game since purchasing a set tomorrow (later today?) and will definitely cycle one in for a while and see how it goes, then give more feedback afterwards. I go camping with 2-700 of my closest friends a couple of times a year and using these while playing at night in the woods was definitely one of the use cases, but I have not been able to test that part out and will not be able to for a few months now. Either way, I'll take some pictures and answer the poll this weekend when I have more information to provide.

I'm unsure of the manufacturing requirements or minimum order involved in these, but it occurs to me if you could offer a few different design options, or even provide them as a blank light up puck to put your own vinyl cut outs on top of it could be A Thing and all the custom set/dealer cutton crowd could start adding light up buttons to their collections. Just a thought.

We love them. Charge them right before the session and we switch out maybe 3.5 or 4 hours in. Easy peasy. They’re wonderful and I’d highly recommend them.

I haven't gotten them in use, yet, but, have charged and messed around with them...definitely a thumbs up! Simple, functional, and, I can definitely see the benefit.

Love the look, will put them in play on 3 tables tonight.

...also, I'm playing poker tonight and I'm already awake at 4am o_O. I think I may have found the leak in my game. Counting on the lighted DB to keep me awake!

I really like these Lighted Dealer buttons, but have not used it in a game yet. Like someone said if the Charge doesn't last long that is the one thing probably could be improved. No need to enter me in the raffle since I already have these. Thanks.

We were able to get them into play this past weekend at our latest tournament. They were well received! Everyone thought they were pretty cool. I wasn't sure about how long the batteries would last without recharging them but we had them going all night without any issues. I bought 4 in total. We will definitely work them into the regular rotation!

This pic was from the last hand of the after tournament cash game at about 2am ish.

20240922_024928.jpg

Love the button :love:

Couldn't answer the poll because I haven't put them in play, so no players impressions to be had - yet.

I look at dealer buttons the same I look at my chip sets. I like to have many options & these buttons will make it onto the table at some point.

Other options: I'd buy a lighted bomb pot button. Especially if it could be programmed to light up randomly

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom