Official Home Game Pics Thread! (102 Viewers)

We play the chips as vegas colors. Don't know what the hell this guy was thinking when he bought these slugged gems.

image.jpeg

Starting stack at redbelly game, awwwww fond memories. I peaked at about 9k before butchering two hands and then having bad luck in two others. Need to play more hold em, the only hold em action I've been getting lately is the plhe round of one of the pcf stars tourneys, I feel extremely rusty. Last hand of the night I'm on the button with about 9 blinds left I get AK and it folds to me after a 3x raise from middle position. With the antes, blinds, and now a raise in the pot I would have been more than happy to take it down pre flop but after a short tank I get a call and am even happier to see AQ.... Until the Q on the flop. And then the one on the turn. I was still drawing to 4 outs on the river and felt pretty confident seeing as how my opponent just clobbered two of his three so surely I can hit just one of my four, easy game right? Not really. :D First out, big hole for the season, going to have to not be a donkey from here on out....

View attachment 56240

Starting stack at redbelly game, awwwww fond memories. I peaked at about 9k before butchering two hands and then having bad luck in two others. Need to play more hold em, the only hold em action I've been getting lately is the plhe round of one of the pcf stars tourneys, I feel extremely rusty. Last hand of the night I'm on the button with about 9 blinds left I get AK and it folds to me after a 3x raise from middle position. With the antes, blinds, and now a raise in the pot I would have been more than happy to take it down pre flop but after a short tank I get a call and am even happier to see AQ.... Until the Q on the flop. And then the one on the turn. I was still drawing to 4 outs on the river and felt pretty confident seeing as how my opponent just clobbered two of his three so surely I can hit just one of my four, easy game right? Not really. :D First out, big hole for the season, going to have to not be a donkey from here on out....

...and when is @Redbelly going to resurface in Denver??????

Ok, I played a hand like I did at the Rumble. Completely blind. At the rumble I turned over full house for the win. I honor of that hand I played one totally blind. Ended up with a few players calling and ended up turning over the nut flush. Fear the the power of the turtle and bird.
image.jpeg

image.jpeg
[/QUOTE]

CRAZY Night of Cards...

Hosted a charity poker tourney to raise money/food donations for our local food bank last night. $40 tourney (30 prize/10 bounty). We raised around $100 and about 100# of food to donate.

image.jpeg

The tourney had 20 players, and I wound up on the kid's table.. More newish players, nitty, and slow action (meh). While the other table was action packed. One player in particular, we'll call her Pam (cuz that's her name), racked up a ton of knockouts (total of 10 at final count), was running the second table over. This was surprising, since I felt like her table was stacked for skill level. Several of these players routinely play 10/20+ stakes in Vegas, and/or play locally 3-5x per week. Once the tables combined, I get to play against some of the action-oriented players, and finally chip up. In the end, I'm in the lead, but there's a chop, I take home a profit of $220 (including 5 bounties).

image.jpeg

During the tourney, the cash games are crazy. I am literally selling cash chips left and right, and they're playing primarily mixed games. Once we finish the tourney, I head over to table two, and suggest a move to the nicer FT table. The table indicates they only have an orbit left before breaking (this is midnight). So I quickly buyin to play for an orbit. Of course, we play until 3am... when this happens.

I'm sitting in the BB with :ks::6s::kd::5d: The game is PLO8, blinds $.25/.50. I have $130 (on $100 bi).

UTG bumps to $2, Limps around to button, who raises to $7, 7 total callers.

Flop comes :5h::6c::5s: BOOM!

Action is on me, I bet $17 ish...

OMC in UTG + 1 shoves his remaining $70

Young gun in the CO tanks, has me slightly covered, then shoves for $155 ish...

Button tank-calls, I shove/call.

Turn is a :6h: (I can relax a hair) and river is a brick :tc:.

Scoop this monster pot (too much to stack count, as it's the ends the game). Later counted for statistical purposes and it was just shy of $500.

image.jpeg

Overall, aside from the win, the crew was super awesome. People were having a great time playing the mixed games, and despite some very serious players in the end, it was very social. The win couldn't have come at a better time, as I'm heading to Vegas in less than a week, and the BR padding is well timed.

:D$60 b.i. 5k starting stacks, 18 players @Godzilla28 's monthly tourney the other night. Down to 2600 chips then ran them up to a decent stack for a nice my first cash in his tourneys of $300 for 2nd place
IMG_5407.JPG

Pics to come tonight, hosting our $.50/1 deepstack $200-800 game tonight with my newly completed hot stamp cash set

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom