Official Home Game Pics Thread! (54 Viewers)

Proof…what am I missing?View attachment 1323500
Let’s make a trade. These r the best chips I’ve ever had and come from my hometown.

1714826852944.png

I ask every round tabler about this, thanks!
My current table (pictured above) is 55”. We can play 8 but there is not much room to spare. You are definitely getting to know your neighbor pretty well. Rough real world measurement would be about 17” of rail space per person when full (mathematical space about 21.58”).

Last edited:
I wouldn't go above 60". Any bigger and you'll start having difficulty finding a cloth to span the surface, and it gets much more difficult passing around chips.
I have a new table coming soon (I hope). FWIW, after doing a lot of research, I finally landed on 60” as the ideal size for a comfortable 8 person round table. Hope to test it out live very soon and will report back.
Thanks guys. I hear a lot of guys on here talking about how much they like round tables, but I suppose what I really need to do is actually play on one to see how much I like it. All I've ever played on is ovals, and it just seems like each player has more room. My games are typically rotating the shuffle, so I don't like having my chips directly in front of me like a lot of people do. I prefer to keep them just to my left, so I have space right in front of me for shuffling. Others seem to be able to work around this, so maybe I need to come up with a different shuffling approach. But I can understand the reach issue if I went over 60 inches. Thanks for all the help!

Also, thank you @NotRealNameNoSir for the chart. That's also very helpful.

And sorry I took this off topic a bit. Carry on all!

Thanks guys. I hear a lot of guys on here talking about how much they like round tables, but I suppose what I really need to do is actually play on one to see how much I like it. All I've ever played on is ovals, and it just seems like each player has more room. My games are typically rotating the shuffle, so I don't like having my chips directly in front of me like a lot of people do. I prefer to keep them just to my left, so I have space right in front of me for shuffling. Others seem to be able to work around this, so maybe I need to come up with a different shuffling approach. But I can understand the reach issue if I went over 60 inches. Thanks for all the help!

Because of the geomtry, you have more elbow room as you're never sitting directly next to someone, but there's slightly less "felt" space in front of you. Biggest benefit though is you can see everyone's face, so it's a more social environment.

For reals, this talk about round tables has me looking at my 60” dining table thinking “yeah I can build a topper for that”

Thanks for the inspiration everyone!

For reals, this talk about round tables has me looking at my 60” dining table thinking “yeah I can build a topper for that”

Thanks for the inspiration everyone!
Have you considered an octagon?
It’s like a bigger circle, except you’re a bit closer to the center so reach isn’t a problem. You still get the elbow room space benefits described above but you also get a defined space for each player, no no biggies encroaching on you.

Have you considered an octagon?
It’s like a bigger circle, except you’re a bit closer to the center so reach isn’t a problem. You still get the elbow room space benefits described above but you also get a defined space for each player, no no biggies encroaching on you.
[/QUOTE]
Octagons suck for any number other than exactly 4 or 8 players. It's awkward to spread out evenly.[/QUOTE]

A little late to the party but another +1 for round tables! We have 60” rounds and can fit 8 comfortably and 9 is snug but doable. Some of my guys are heavy duty too!

Rounds are perfect for self dealt games and the social aspect is way better. You’ll have to reach a bit to scoop pots but the others will always help you if the pot is splashed all over the place.

IMG_2582.jpeg
IMG_2076.jpeg
IMG_2075.jpeg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom