Official PCF Whisk(e)y Thread (55 Viewers)

First time trying BP. I hate regular Larceny. It's too hot. Ironically the 125 proof isn't hot at all.

View attachment 1345941
Where in the hell did you find that?!?!?!?!

I regularly lurk the Wake county inventory and have yet to see that one. B524 Elijah Craig dropped last week and is plentiful but I haven’t seen the 524 Larceny yet.

Celebrating my eldest son's graduation from high school today :)

20240618_191423.jpg

(there will be much more celebrating this weekend)

Celebrating my eldest son's graduation from high school today :)

View attachment 1345946

(there will be much more celebrating this weekend)
Congrats! Now the payroll really gets large

It’s all worth it though! My daughter is a rising junior in college and there’s no better a feeling than knowing that she’ll start true adulthood without any debt and a dependable car that’s paid for. Congratulations again!!! Enjoy it!

First time trying BP. I hate regular arceny. It's too hot. Ironically the 125 proof isn't hot at all.

View attachment 1345941
Where in the hell did you find that?!?!?!?!

I regularly lurk the Wake county inventory and have yet to see that one. B524 Elijah Craig dropped last week and is plentiful but I haven’t seen the 524 Larceny yet.
It's amazing what you can find outside of Wake County. Hahaha

165332.jpeg

I'm at the OBX this week.

Is 524 Larceny better than others? I have no clue.

Is 524 Larceny better than others? I have no clue.
Larceny A124 was pretty good but in all honesty, I’ve yet to have a batch that I didn’t like. I buy at least one of every batch that I find. I haven’t seen B524 yet so I can’t comment on how good it is.

What I do know is that ECBP B524 is very very good! I have 2 already and I’m probably gonna get one more for the bunker.

Enjoy the OBX…we usually spend a week in Manteo to decompress…Looking forward to it!

Wheater Wednesday
IMG_7842.jpeg
Should have stuck with Larceny BP :confused

This has that same nasty sour note that I got with Cellar Aged on the palate and it lingers on the finish. The nose is fantastic but that’s about it for me. It’s not horrible, but I’d be lying if I didn’t say I was disappointed as this isn’t an easy bottle to find around here. I’ll give it some time to sort some shit out, but I’m still batting 1.000 on not finding a Makers product that I actually like. Screw top was a classy touch too:rolleyes:

Wheater Wednesday View attachment 1346476Should have stuck with Larceny BP :confused

This has that same nasty sour note that I got with Cellar Aged on the palate and it lingers on the finish. The nose is fantastic but that’s about it for me. It’s not horrible, but I’d be lying if I didn’t say I was disappointed as this isn’t an easy bottle to find around here. I’ll give it some time to sort some shit out, but I’m still batting 1.000 on not finding a Makers product that I actually like. Screw top was a classy touch too:rolleyes:
Man. I really like that bottle, but I understand the Maker’s funk. For some people, it just hits wrong. I think this is one of the better Maker’s offerings right now.

Ship it to me. ;)

I think this is one of the better Maker’s offerings right now.
I think I like the 46 CS a little better than the Cellar Aged. The funky sour note was way more prominent in the Cellar Aged but still pretty noticeable in the 46.

It’ll be in timeout for a little to think about what it did and if it’s non compliant again, it’s yours lol

Cooled off just enough to enjoy a dram out by the fire. This is such a funny pour for me, it starts out kinda meh but just grows on me as I sip. I think it's just so off-profile that initially I'm like WTF not what I wad expecting, but its still uniquely good and once that WTF fades it's very enjoyable. Dunno......

20240619_222615.jpg

All 3 are great at MSRP. My wife liked Bardstown best. Though the Old Elk is great at a higher proof, I agree that Bardstown is best especially when considering price.
That 1792 sweet wheat runs like $150 around here. :rolleyes: Yet Larceny BP is $65. And nearly every other 1792 offering is sub $50. Soooooo stupid.

That 1792 sweet wheat runs like $150 around here. :rolleyes: Yet Larceny BP is $65. And nearly every other 1792 offering is sub $50. Soooooo stupid.
Sweet Wheat is rare. I paid a bit over retail. Had a friend who caught a store that accidentally got in 6 cases. He bought multiple cases. I only bought 3 bottles from him. :cool

Cooled off just enough to enjoy a dram out by the fire. This is such a funny pour for me, it starts out kinda meh but just grows on me as I sip. I think it's just so off-profile that initially I'm like WTF not what I wad expecting, but its still uniquely good and once that WTF fades it's very enjoyable. Dunno......

View attachment 1346529

Yeah, this is totally a "it gets soooo much better with a second/third/twelfth pour" kinda bottle.

On both the nose and palate, I get toasted almond, vanilla, light brown sugar, a hint of cola and dusty oak. Spicy cinnamon and baking spices add on the palate. The kinda odd/off/spicy notes, which are definitely punchy and off-putting up front, quickly subside after a few sips. It finishes sweet with honey and caramel notes that continues to build as it sits.

20240619_231128.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom