Official PCF Whisk(e)y Thread (51 Viewers)

Dude would have been told flat out to keep at least 3-4 of those cases on the hand truck and follow me out to the parking lot as I’m handing the clerk my credit card :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Just out of curiosity…what %ABV is your bottle? I’m guessing it’s either 63.7 (batch 3) or 63.5 (batch 4). IF it’s 66% ABV, that would be batch 2 and a major score. That was my favorite, but they’re all bangers.
:ROFL: :ROFLMAO: the GM would’ve laughed his ass off.

63.5 - will try it out and report back.

Guess what day it is? 1oz pours tonight.

IMG_0182.jpeg

View attachment 1343233Yup…this is a keeper! In a way, I’m kinda glad I started to get bored with bourbon/rye and tried a few Irish whiskies. My wallet probably isn’t, but my tastebuds are thanking me!
I looked for this today, but all they had was the regular $30 Powers bottle.

But this is quite tasty! Thanks for the good advice.

20240612_214254.jpg

:ROFL: :ROFLMAO: the GM would’ve laughed his ass off.

63.5 - will try it out and report back.
I have to admit, $29 is a steal.

Nose is sharp with a mellowed mint forward rye note.

The viscosity and mouthfeel on this immediately reminded me of my Russell’s single barrels. Palate comes with a faux sweetness that eases you into the
straightforward rye.

Finish was fleeting but the oilyness lingered leaving a nice spicy prickle in my cheeks.

I’ll have to get another bottle or two, not sure there’s a better cask strength offering anywhere near $29… last one I got this discounted was a rebel single barrel store pick for $30 that was a total cinnamon bomb.

Appreciate the rec, will have to share more pours - the whiskey shelf quickly turned into a closet….

I looked for this today, but all they had was the regular $30 Powers bottle.
From what I’ve been told and have seen here locally, the John’s Lane edition is not very common. It’s out of stock in every store in my county, but my go to ABC store is in a different county and still has a few on the shelf. I’ll definitely be grabbing a backup or 2 next time I need to run an “errand”. It’s a fantastic pour!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom