Poker Game Snacks (1 Viewer)

Nuhockey

Full House
Supporter
Reaction score
What is your go to snack that all the people in your home games love besides Hot Dogs? This snack below from UTZ one of my friends brought a few times to home games many years ago and we all loved it. I searched for it and never found it until now. We went to the grocery to do Christmas dinner shopping and I happened to see and had to get two. It is over 10 years later and this is still pretty good. If I start a home game again this year this will be there. It has the appropriate name for a home game. I don’t know if UTZ is just NJ/NY/PA thing or what.

image.jpg

Yes, utz is PA and central/south jersey, mostly. They have good snacks.

I do pretzels chips and dip (just something to soak up alcohol), maybe some prosciutto/salami and crackers if feeling fancy. Having some salami etc helps the night last longer

Nothing greasy or that makes a mess. Nothing that sticks on peoples fingers that will be used to handle my chips and cards. Pretty simple but some people are nasty.

Years ago I had young guy show up with a meatball hoagie. He started eating it at the table and licking his fingers. I told him to get up and eat at a fold up table I had out in the basement ...then wash his hands. Freaking animals some people.

I usually hit the Trader Joe's and grab the bite size chocolate chip cookies, on filled pretzels, nuts. Beernut brand bar mix is great too.

nuts.com - always have a giant bag of mixed nuts and a few other requested regular snacks like cheddar sesame sticks and M&Ms and such. Makes set up and cleaning a breeze - all resealable bags.

If you like girls scout cookies, get the coconut stacks and mint cookie balls.

I used to play in a group about 10 years back that had cream puffs. And they were awesome.
1577418641803.jpeg

Now, if we aren’t going all out, we will usually just get a boudin tray.

M&Ms, pretzels, non-greasy chips, goldfish, mini-cookies, hershey's kisses, mixed nuts, trail mix.

Best snack tip I've ever seen on PCF is for players to use Solo cups to hold snacks, rather than plates or napkins -- they fit in standard cup holders, allow no-finger access, and prevent plate/napkin spills or worse, snacks directly on the felt. Less snack dust, too. Don't remember who suggested it, but it was genius.

Nothing that leaves greasy fingers, except I like to snack salty popcorn and wash it up with some burbon or whisky. Stings but makes you feel alive.

The usual assortment of chips, nuts, and candy or cookies.

I love the Solo cup idea, though it might not work well for full size corn/potato chips. I'm still going to try it Saturday at my next game.

of course pretzels, mixed nuts and cheez it.....also if its a big game a platter of prosciutto, soppressata (hot never mild), hard salami, fresh mozz, provolone, pepper jack cheese, a mix of pitted olives and fresh ciabatta bread. one day i will remember the vegetables.

I feel like candy is a good way to go cause pretzels and chips always end up in players hands being all crusty and gross... and when that gets on my chips I lose it

Costco mix bag of chips, and usually pretzels. Some of the chip types aren't great for dirtying your hands, but you can't beat the price/convenience.

If we're in the garage the hot dog roller rules the roost. Diced onion, ketchup, mustard, relish. And if I'm feeling squirrely, a crockpot full of chili.

Ideal is: No juice/sauce (at any cost), no knife required, no bare hand encouraged; just a fork on one hand and the dish on the other.
All of it happening in the kitchen (for sure, far away from the poker table).
I 'd say pieces of grilled minced meat, plus boiled Frankfurt sausages, plus pre-cut pieces of nice cheese. Plus non-filthy and greasy pieces of bread. :)
No dried peanut crap on the table.:D

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom