Show Us Your Live Stacks (22 Viewers)

Sorry to hear about your bad beat.
I know right? Table had a good laugh about it.

Speaking of beats... Just had 22 on a KJ2KA board. Flop got checked, turn I bet $45 and get called, River guy checks to me I bet $125 and he calls. Guy has KJ.... He has $1800 in front of him. Avoid a disaster somehow.

I know right? Table had a good laugh about it.

Speaking of beats... Just had 22 on a KJ2KA board. Flop got checked, turn I bet $45 and get called, River guy checks to me I bet $125 and he calls. Guy has KJ.... He has $1800 in front of him. Avoid a disaster somehow.
Looking for a WTF? emoji...

Woah buddy. The rungood continues in a big way. However our 300k man lost 2k, said that was enough charity and ran. Onto the hand...

I'm looking at AA, guy calls $3, I raise to $20, guy on my left with $69 goes all in, another guy calls, first caller calls, I make it $270 and both guys snap call.

Flop 832

First guy checks, next guy jams for $431, I call, first guy calls.

Turn K

First guy check, I put him in for 280, he calls.

River Q

I roll them over and hold for both side pots that are around $2,500. Guy who had $69 rolls over QQ and takes the $280 main pot. View attachment 815480
You must really love teaching to not do this full time. Nice work.

Welp. I forgot the cardinal rule of don't try to make old guys fold big pairs.

Sitting $900 deep, I raise with red 77, one guy calls, and then a 3 bet comes from a tighter player to $100. I call.

Flop $200 5s6s8h

I check, he bets $100, I decide meh I got a huge range advantage and he's decent enough that he might fold this and CR to $400. Yeah nope. He shoves in the $900 and I'm getting 3:1 and priced in even knowing he has QQ+ and maybe AKss/AQss.

Screenshot_20211123-021600_Poker Bankroll Tracker.jpg

I call it off and blank. He naturally shows QQ.

The saga continues however for the hero and the very next hand I get 89hh on the straddle. It limps to me with two guys that are $700 deep so I raise and get called by both.

Flop is..... 886

Checks to me, I bet almost the full pot get one caller.

Turn 4

He checks I slightly overbet pot and he thinks for a long while and calls.

River 9

Check I put him all in for his last few hundo. He's like your steaming and calls it off with JJ.

:eek:

Just closed out the session and in trying to get 6 racks of reds colored up as the closer poker room cage is shut down I didn't get a final stack picture. However, I decided to go a get a celebratory beer and burger and ask for whatever IPA they have. The waitress brings this native Chicagoian a Goose Island. Rungood confirmed.
20211123_030336.jpg

Just closed out the session and in trying to get 6 racks of reds colored up as the closer poker room cage is shut down I didn't get a final stack picture. However, I decided to go a get a celebratory beer and burger and ask for whatever IPA they have. The waitress brings this native Chicagoian a Goose Island. Rungood confirmed. View attachment 815572
OOOHHHH! That reminds me. Bourbon County Stout should be out on Friday! Time to put a couple of last year's bottles in the fridge.

That's the most adorable inlay I've ever seen.

Diabolical from the host really. Cute inlay to disarm the other players and the misaligned edge spots to annoy them.

$100/$200/$500 8-handed, half PLO and half Hold’em. Game switches every 30 minutes. In for $100k, out for $535,500.
I guess it's easy to assume that people who play these stakes are always good. Would you say that you have encountered a higher percentage of "pros" during these high-stakes games or are there a lot of just rich people who just like to feel like Daniel Negreanu?

I guess it's easy to assume that people who play these stakes are always good. Would you say that you have encountered a higher percentage of "pros" during these high-stakes games or are there a lot of just rich people who just like to feel like Daniel Negreanu?
Most of these games don’t allow pros. Or the pros are gambl-y grinders.

I'm more curious about the logistics of these big games. I'm assuming players don't come with gym bags full of cash. So do they wire money beforehand, do they use IOUs on napkins, what?

I'm more curious about the logistics of these big games. I'm assuming players don't come with gym bags full of cash. So do they wire money beforehand, do they use IOUs on napkins, what?
Most of the games have switched to settling using crypto. Some still do wires. Very little cash is exchanged.

Most of these games don’t allow pros. Or the pros are gambl-y grinders.
I’ve come to realize that the most profitable poker players likely aren’t the best. The pros are going to play in open games and rarely get invited to big private games. The best players imo are the ones that play in a way that gets them into these games and are able to consistently win at them, but they don’t win enough to get noticed and uninvited. It’s a delicate balance.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom