Show Us Your Live Stacks (48 Viewers)

Some stacks and racks from my trip to the WSOP in October.
CF478280-2A23-4126-8ADB-887C88A1BEBA.jpeg
49BA6729-FE1A-4E7E-8E60-2F001803C2F8.jpeg
7F5957A4-3A16-4CBB-A419-C84E21B18F30.jpeg

Huh. I was under the impression that @Schmendr1ck 's beloved Orange County Racing and Card Club was using Icon chips. But yeah, those promo chips you just posted sure seem to be using the same mold as the OCRCC chips.

For everyone else:
You were probably under that impression because I said (more than once) that I thought they were made by Icon. Obviously I was wrong.

Thanks to you and @GianThaMan for the details on where these crimes against humanity were manufactured. Considering what I know about OCRCC, I'm still about 97% sure that they were ordered from pokerchips.com.

You were probably under that impression because I said (more than once) that I thought they were made by Icon. Obviously I was wrong.

Thanks to you and @GianThaMan for the details on where these crimes against humanity were manufactured. Considering what I know about OCRCC, I'm still about 97% sure that they were ordered from pokerchips.com.
You should probably be thankful that they were made by someone we can blame identify, and not some random source on Ali Baba. :)

My final home game cash stack from over the weekend. Playing .05/.10 and turning $20 into this feels good, man. (Especially after losing $40 in a weekly tournament earlier that night, haha)
Iron Clays! How'd you like playing with them?

Iron Clays! How'd you like playing with them?
I like them, but I'm inclined to say as much as they're my own set. :)
After being incentivized to own my own chips for low stakes cash play and having only played with a friend's ceramic set and not having much context for the chip world at the time, the Iron Clays popped up through the board gaming world where in I both work and play heavily, so I snapped up a fairly sizable amount (~1300) in early 2020 pre-pandemic. They barely saw much play until earlier this year (see: pandemic), in time for me to get more familiar with other chips and recognize their place in the grand scheme of things, but yeah, I still like them just fine. They're a bit slick but otherwise shuffle fine, generally feel good to the touch, etc. and I like their simple filigree+denom design personally. The highly non-traditional colors are /shrug now that I'm spending a LOT more time with the game, but not in a bad way. Just makes them unique!

Glad to hear it!

FYI, Matsuis are also rather slick, and people have had good results using sandpaper to improve their stackability; the same would probably work well with Iron Clays if you were so inclined.

One common recommendation:

7000 grit wet-sanding works wonders on plastic chips with absolutely zero visible effects.

Here's a thread with several people reporting their experiences: https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/making-matsui’s-less-slick.49393/

Welcome to the forum!

Just closed out the session and in trying to get 6 racks of reds colored up as the closer poker room cage is shut down I didn't get a final stack picture. However, I decided to go a get a celebratory beer and burger and ask for whatever IPA they have. The waitress brings this native Chicagoian a Goose Island. Rungood confirmed. View attachment 815572
Nice work! I am never playing with you again for stakes over $10 :rolleyes:

Cleveland Jack
Afraid to show the $1 RHC and ask for harvesting lol

Attachments

• 01011CD8-1124-4CAB-9F69-3D140181ED3F.jpeg
    01011CD8-1124-4CAB-9F69-3D140181ED3F.jpeg
    158.7 KB · Views: 167
  • 79273602-3FC3-4589-A525-9BC392BECD8A.jpeg
    79273602-3FC3-4589-A525-9BC392BECD8A.jpeg
    166.5 KB · Views: 162
  • 9522BF88-B070-4724-B519-E06B9B4E03F8.jpeg
    9522BF88-B070-4724-B519-E06B9B4E03F8.jpeg
    91.1 KB · Views: 153
did they recently changed the felt? I thought I remember green not too long ago.

I believe they did. The last time I was there they replaced the carpet and also painted over all the cool murals on the wall a neutral color. Such a downgrade :cautious:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom