Show Us Your Live Stacks (47 Viewers)

Some Thursday night action. Been getting slapped with pocket pairs all night, it's great!
PXL_20220617_052745276.jpg

I completely agree. Not my house though. I've tried convincing them for 2 years now :rolleyes:
It is not at all unusual for a host to do insufficient research before buying chips. This can result in denominations that are not actually needed (like the 50¢), but the physical chips are needed (the bank of 25¢s or $1s are not enough) for play.

I would simply start asking for my buy-in to contain zero 50¢ chips. Best way to convince a host that the denom is useless, is simply demonstrating that you can play all night without them. (not to mention the possibility of dirty stacks with the 50¢/$1 chips are eliminated by eliminating the frac).

It is not at all unusual for a host to do insufficient research before buying chips. This can result in denominations that are not actually needed (like the 50¢), but the physical chips are needed (the bank of 25¢s or $1s are not enough) for play.

I would simply start asking for my buy-in to contain zero 50¢ chips. Best way to convince a host that the denom is useless, is simply demonstrating that you can play all night without them. (not to mention the possibility of dirty stacks with the 50¢/$1 chips are eliminated by eliminating the frac).

Counterpoint, bet with them awkwardly every possible chance. Or you could try to win them all and then they wouldn't be in play anymore that night.

Counterpoint, bet with them awkwardly every possible chance. Or you could try to win them all and then they wouldn't be in play anymore that night.
...that's where the conviction comes into play. You don't use the 50¢ chips, but you collect them, essentially removing them from play. If the host's set needs them to stretch the bank, you are not disrupting the game, you just feed them back as needed. If you wind up having all the 50s at the end of the night a couple times in a row, you will have proven your case to dispense of the useless chip.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom