So I bought a 3d printer (2 Viewers)

IMG_8122.jpeg
IMG_8123.jpeg
IMG_8124.jpeg

I got bit by the 3D printer bug too. I finally caved and got one on sale for 4th of July.

PXL_20240731_111740823.jpg

I have only printed the poop chute for the printer and this organizer thing.

PXL_20240802_025947511.jpg
PXL_20240802_025905558.MP.jpg

Using PLA Basic and just ordered some of the new PETG-HF filament for some other things I want to print.

I got bit by the 3D printer bug too. I finally caved and got one on sale for 4th of July.

View attachment 1366939

View attachment 1366941View attachment 1366940

Using PLA Basic and just ordered some of the new PETG-HF filament for some other things I want to print.
9 months owning mine I still haven't printed the poop chute lol. I just set a big box back there and empty it once a week or so.
Did the same thing with my second printer too :)

View attachment 1366939

View attachment 1366941View attachment 1366940

A poop chute and a riser for the Ams are my only printer builds so far. Oh and a bracket to hold the camera so I can watch it in real time.
IMG_8131.png
IMG_8132.png
IMG_8046.jpeg

I am very tempted to get a 2nd AMS and the hub. PLA in one and PETG-HF in the other. Something like this but without fancy filament wave holder thingy on the side.

2024-08-01_23-27-48.jpg

I am very tempted to get a 2nd AMS and the hub. PLA in one and PETG-HF in the other. Something like this but without fancy filament wave holder thingy on the side.

View attachment 1366959
I’ve run into one thing so far that required 5 colours but a second Ams would be grounds for divorce I’ve been told. Need to sell more items first. Having said that with almost no work the first month and a half have brought in $400 or so in sales.

I’ve run into one thing so far that required 5 colours but a second Ams would be grounds for divorce I’ve been told. Need to sell more items first. Having said that with almost no work the first month and a half have brought in $400 or so in sales.
My suggestion to you if you really want to make some cash selling 3dprinted items is to come up with a simple and useful item (daily household stuff) that you can sell on amazon. You dont even have to know how to design, you can easily find a designer on sites like fivver.com to hire and created a printable file for you.

Last edited:
I order 2 more AMS units and AMS hub to stack between my X1Cs. I was going to print a stand, but this adjustable microwave stand on amazon works great. I can open the bottom AMS cover to change spools without having to move it.

2024-08-07_06-57-14.jpg

PXL_20240811_163743518.MP.jpg

I also printed this PTFE guide in PETG-HF to stop the tube from rubbing on the top glass. This one is the easier to install and doesn't require removing the tube from the toolhead.

https://makerworld.com/en/models/575902#profileId-496375

View attachment 1371333
Nice. I’m gonna print one of these once my Deadpool helmet is done. It’s weird how with a little more height it wouldn’t rub on the glass. Bambu couldn’t find a in house solution to that. My p1s has the same issue.

Nice. I’m gonna print one of these once my Deadpool helmet is done. It’s weird how with a little more height it wouldn’t rub on the glass. Bambu couldn’t find a in house solution to that. My p1s has the same issue.
Use PETG or something else that is better for the heat. FYI: PLA was not recommended.

Hmm. Never thought of that. I used more zipties but still occasionally rubs.
I had the top glass out and I noticed these marks on it. They cleaned right off. I was reading some comments about concerns it could prematurely wear the filament tube. Seems like a simple fix with that part.

Finally my father is a huge Willie fan and the creator of the Whinnie the Pooh prints was kind enough to creat a Willie Nelson one for me. Turned out great.
IMG_8209.jpeg

Crazy to think these pictures are all done on a 3d printer

I really love the lithophanes too. Every year we take a new picture of our son (currently 5) and turn it into a lithophane christmas ornament and print them out for family members. Just hang it right in front of one of the christmas lights on the tree to make sure the picture's visible. I'll have to dig up a picture of one of them

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom