So I bought a 3d printer (3 Viewers)

Deadpool helmet if I ever have the time to place all the magnets in it. There are a lot. :oops: For now it’s just a Deadpool puzzle
IMG_8231.jpeg

I did some grid prints to hold extra spools and spools low on filament. Worked nicely. Making some more mushrooms once my nephews dice tower is complete. His bd is tomorrow and I made a fixed tower and now a collapsible one is printing.

IMG_8380.jpeg

If you're looking for something cool that can help with spool-ends, or not, then this thing is quite wacky. I've seen people be able to work out how to join it together in minutes and others who are still trying 2 hours later :)

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:629887

I printed the first listed file (I think) at 60% (so 3cm cube) and the pieces fit perfectly. (No supports needed). Did mine in 3 colours.

VdBgwmg.jpg

As the summary notes:-
Three equal parts form a cube. The fit is perfect, assembly can be challenging. I have reverse engineered the "Cubic Trisection", invented by Robert Reid and designed by Oskar van Deventer.

Most of the stuff I print now is bespoke and put together in FreeCad but Thingiverse still has a few things every now and then and the one above I have absolutely no idea where I'd start to try and design that myself.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom